No DVR found

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
dogman

No DVR found

Post by dogman »

I’m having issues with the DVR recording option. I purchased the DVR function on 6/3/2021. However, starting today, I can’t record any shows. The HDHomeRun app states that the DVR was not found. However, my account shows that I purchased the DVR.

I tried reinstalling everything, but still have the issue.

Any advice?

sdust

Re: No DVR found

Post by sdust »

You need an actual DVR device or at least enable DVR functionality on your PC. The best option is probably getting SERVIO. It comes with 1 year DVR license.

EDIT: Can you run

Code: Select all

hdhomerun_config discover
Does it show your DVR?

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

dogman wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:38 am I’m having issues with the DVR recording option. I purchased the DVR function on 6/3/2021. However, starting today, I can’t record any shows. The HDHomeRun app states that the DVR was not found. However, my account shows that I purchased the DVR.

I tried reinstalling everything, but still have the issue.

Any advice?
Do you have a USB hard drive connected to your FLEX, and have you pressed the "Format" button on the FLEX's web interface?
  1. Go to http://my.hdhomerun.com
  2. Click on your FLEX's device ID
  3. Make sure you've applied any pending firmware updates
  4. Click the "Format" button (this will erase all existing data and format the connected USB hard drive for recording)

dogman

Post by dogman »

I bought the $35 DVR package from SiliconDust. I have the Flex 4K HdHomeRun unit. The DVR recordings are going to a Synology NAS. It was working but is not now. I deleted everything, re-installed everything, but I still have the same results - not working!

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 10A05954 10802091 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Post by signcarver »

How did you install on the synology and was it recently upgraded

Personally I recommend demonrik's package that should restart the engine on most nas reboots (SD's nas install doesn't restart if the nas restarts except on WD's) but I'm not sure of the current status if you upgraded the nas recently as one of the things coming out of the new upgrade is existing installs may work while new ones might not.

You may wish to check your log files in the recording folder on the nas (should be one for each day and the tines are utc)

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

dogman wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:09 pm I bought the $35 DVR package from SiliconDust. I have the Flex 4K HdHomeRun unit. The DVR recordings are going to a Synology NAS. It was working but is not now. I deleted everything, re-installed everything, but I still have the same results - not working!
From the diagnostic data for your DVR account, it looks like the DVR was running for a while on the Synology, but then stopped. Maybe the NAS rebooted? If so, please make sure you have the auto-boot stuff configured, as described here: https://info.hdhomerun.com/info/dvr:nas ... s_boots_up

Or better yet, use the demonrik package that signcarver mentioned: viewtopic.php?f=126&t=67044 (this has the added benefit of updating whenever the DVR software is stopped/started)

dogman

Post by dogman »

I can't locate the latest SPK file. There's an APK file, but no SPK file. I tried the other links in some other discusses. And received: Access to doc-14-3c-docs.googleusercontent.com was denied. You don't have authorization to view this page. HTTP ERROR 403. I tried this link from DEMONRIK's earlier replies https://www.dropbox.com/s/vacu1cccbwhiw ... 5.spk?dl=0 and that failed too. Is the APK file the same as the SPK file?

I did the task scheduler on the Synology first, but that didn't work. Still shows no DVR found.

demonrik
Device ID: 108042A1, 10814D8E

Post by demonrik »

dogman wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:43 am I can't locate the latest SPK file. There's an APK file, but no SPK file. I tried the other links in some other discusses. And received: Access to doc-14-3c-docs.googleusercontent.com was denied. You don't have authorization to view this page. HTTP ERROR 403. I tried this link from DEMONRIK's earlier replies https://www.dropbox.com/s/vacu1cccbwhiw ... 5.spk?dl=0 and that failed too. Is the APK file the same as the SPK file?

I did the task scheduler on the Synology first, but that didn't work. Still shows no DVR found.
No. The APK is for Asustor NASes.
The link u reference is for a very old version. You need the latest.
Go to the root folder on Dropbox https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nrrzuk1wexzw ... HDUda?dl=0
And then navigate to Synology and download the 1.0.2 SPK
Just a quick note though that DSM7 is not yet supported (working on it) if you have updated your NAS manually to the beta

dogman

Post by dogman »

I went back and reinstalled the NAS configuration / SSH config, etc. The recordings are now working.

Thanks everyone for your assistance.

demonrik
Device ID: 108042A1, 10814D8E

Post by demonrik »

dogman wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:19 am I went back and reinstalled the NAS configuration / SSH config, etc. The recordings are now working.

Thanks everyone for your assistance.
Just remember when doing this method.. you will need to repeat every time the NAS reboots.
As long as you remember - you should be good.