New: HDHomeRun app for LG TVs

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
NedS
Silicondust

Re: New: HDHomeRun app for LG TVs

Post by NedS »

markhewitt1979 wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:19 am
NedS wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:43 pm
markhewitt1979 wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:26 am I remember I got an email a little while ago saying that the HD HomeRun app was available for LG webOS now so partly because of this I figured an LG TV would be a good choice for Christmas.

However now I see that it isn't available to download in the U.K. Despite me being emailed to say it was available. I'm now stuck with a TV that doesn't have all the features I was looking for.
We are in the process of getting the app approved by LG for DVB-T/T2/C countries.
This isn't like some Apple process that takes a few days. It's been nearly three months.
It's not like some Apple process, because it takes longer and involves us sending LG a physical HDHomeRun tuner for them to test with. They have to test and approve this. They control their app platform. It's the same LG app code, but LG wants to approve it regionally.

kris_delta

Post by kris_delta »

Has this been released yet ? Or any update on delay. Thanks.

kris_delta

Post by kris_delta »

Seems a long time to review the app. Even if they did need to send them a HDHomerun to test.

dgrigogr

Post by dgrigogr »

I'm totally disappointed as i learned more about the LG approval process for app's, and I feel for the SiliconDust staff. 😩
To give some more info so people don't blame Silicondust: "LG generally takes about 4-6 weeks to review (which is fine), however, they will fail submissions for the most minor of reasons - for example, imagine a minor defect that only occurs on one model year, that sort of thing. And other times they won't take the time to understand how things work and they'll fail the submission because they think something isn't working. On top of that they also have a policy that after a certain number of consecutive rejections, they will remove your app from the store altogether. So it's that threat that makes it a stressful and delicate process and it is the primary reason why there are sometimes gaps in updates and or approval."

That said , we will be more than happy to hear more from SiliconDust about the issue on UK content store, how close or far we are...
on top of that, we that are in other countries, have to NAG LG on our countries, to help maybe speed up the process!

Thanks, in advance
Dinos

kris_delta

Post by kris_delta »

Yes considering they approved it for the same TVs in other regions seems spurious to reject. I’d be keen to hear if Uk approval any closer ?

heitbaum

Post by heitbaum »

Hi Team,

Can we please have an update on the HDHomeRun application in the Australian Store?

sdust

Post by sdust »

I have a channel HDHR5-4K will not play on CX. Neither does TiVo, btw. Works fine on my Mac or CX's own tuner.

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

sdust wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:12 pm I have a channel HDHR5-4K will not play on CX. Neither does TiVo, btw. Works fine on my Mac or CX's own tuner.
Please start a new thread. I will work with you to get a capture of the channel we can replay in our test lab.

Nick

sdust

Post by sdust »

When in Discover tab and the remote is not used for 5 seconds the app switches to Settings.

Version 20200923 (App) / 20210611c (UI) (beta)

I am not sure why I am using beta. Did I enable it somewhere?

sdust

Post by sdust »

I don't see Zoom/Stretch button.

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

sdust wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:57 am When in Discover tab and the remote is not used for 5 seconds the app switches to Settings.
I have not been able to reproduce this.

What model of LG TV?

sdust

Post by sdust »

nickk wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:33 pm
sdust wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:57 am When in Discover tab and the remote is not used for 5 seconds the app switches to Settings.
I have not been able to reproduce this.

What model of LG TV?
Happens more than 50% of the time. Just move around a bit and then stop. TV is 77CX.

sdust

Post by sdust »

I think what happens is the pointer of the magic remote has 5 secs timeout and when it kicks in and hides the pointer it triggers the app to switch to settings.

sdust

Post by sdust »

More details about the tabs behavior upon pointer timeout:

Live - OK
Tasks - goes to Search and brings the virtual keyboard
Discover - goes to Settings

Seems like an unhandled event.

sdust

Post by sdust »

It seems like it was fixed. Can somebody confirm?