Playback freezing frequently.

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
m.a.c.

Playback freezing frequently.

Post by m.a.c. »

My setup was bombproof up until a few days ago. Now, playback will freeze until the channel is changed. Happens every half hour or less. Tuner is on 1Gb ethernet and I have three separate Windows 10 computers that are behaving the same way. I'm running the latest firmware and software.

Seems like I picked up a new app update since the problem started but didn't resolve my issue.

Anyone else experiencing this problem recently? Known issue?

garethw
Silicondust

Re: Playback freezing frequently.

Post by garethw »

Could you turn on diagnostics on the win10 app, replicate the issue, and report with your device id and the time/date the issue occurred - we can then examine the diagnostic logs.
Also: if you are running a dvr could you disable that - does the issue still occur? (live tv is bounced via the dvr when one is available), it might help to narrow down the issue.

m.a.c.

Post by m.a.c. »

May 4 @7:33am PST
ID: 1310BC79 PRIME

Version 20210422 (App) / 20210429b (UI)

m.a.c.

Post by m.a.c. »

Again May 4 @8:19am

Edit: And again May 4 @8:46am

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

The record engine running on your Windows machine seems to be having significant disk write performance issues. If writing to disk takes >10s video will stall.

Also seeing failed DNS queries - are you using DNS blocking?

Nick

m.a.c.

Post by m.a.c. »

Thanks for the prompt reply, Nick. I do have a PFsense firewall running on my network but it's been in place for more than a year w/o change. Can you tell me which DNS queries I should white list?

I'll look into the disk issue. It's locally attached to my main client Window 10 box via eSATA.

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

*.hdhomerun.com <- used for APIs
*.silicondust.com <- only used if you enable "send diagnostic information"

Nick