Did update and lost cable card tuner WMC

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
TOMMYRAY71

Did update and lost cable card tuner WMC

Post by TOMMYRAY71 »

I've got 7 tuners 2x2 OTA 1 3x cable card. I redid win 8 and the Homerun HD software finds all 7 and alls good and the firmware up to date- WMC doesn't see the hdhomerun cable card 3 tuners at all- Reinistalled/removed WMC- NADDA. any ideas?

thedoomster
Device ID: 131CC070

Re: Did update and lost cable card tuner WMC

Post by thedoomster »

I recently experienced the same thing rebuilding a Win 8 WMC machine. It wouldn't find the Prime until I received and installed all the Windows updates, which took a few days.

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 10A05954 10802091 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Post by signcarver »

I suggest asking/looking in thegreenbutton.tv for some tips. But for your use case TunerSalad woudn't even be necessary as it is 4 of each type and so you can have 4 OTA and 4 CableCard tuners without needing TunerSalad.

I do have one unit that long ago when I moved and changed networks (thus subnets changed), one of my WMC can't see that unit but can see the other 2 primes fine (and since I have multiple primes something like tuner salad is needed). OCURDiscovery sees it just fine but says it is already known... I have tried resetting a bunch of things... so yes some things can break within WMC. If you rebuilt make sure to run the DCA (or possibly the old "bypass" tool that I haven't seen around for awhile... note this bypasses setup, not requirements) and you may also wish to reinstall an older copy of the full windows package to make sure everything needed like the HDHomeRun service is there. I haven't installed such updates on my WMC machines but do on my Win 10 machines so not certain it is still installing that on win 7/8 (former logic since about the first major update to win 10 was only install that service if not win 10)

TOMMYRAY71

Post by TOMMYRAY71 »

Yes I did all updates, I actually had that problem in the past. I remember it NOT picking all my tuners up until I used tuner salad, but 32 tuners or not, it ain't seeing it.

3ton

Post by 3ton »

check your public, private or home network setting, its caused problems in the past.

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 10A05954 10802091 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Post by signcarver »

I do suggest going to thegreenbutton.tv as they are generally the more WMC focused forum.

Really the only thing I can suggest on a rebuild is to run the DCA (may need to run mcupdate but MS may have shut that down), and make sure to update playready before setting up tuners. You may also need to reboot between steps. I do suggest to run the OCURDiscovery (from administrator command prompt run c:\windows\ehome\ehprivjob.exe /OCURDiscovery ) to make sure it finds the tuners and if it doesn't possibly look that discovery is on and that firewall isn't blocking such.

There was a slmgr command that also was needed by some to make sure the WMC license was applied but I don't have that handy and don't think that is your issue.

TOMMYRAY71

Post by TOMMYRAY71 »

thedoomster wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:53 am I recently experienced the same thing rebuilding a Win 8 WMC machine. It wouldn't find the Prime until I received and installed all the Windows updates, which took a few days.
I even switched the network cable slots, which worked before (no idea why) and nadda. I checked all windows updates were installed..... 3 days later (today) Windows did an update when I shut it off that I never okayed- and presto 7 tuner WTF windows???

Anyhow I'm Marciuming this setup, what a joke-f'ed around trying everything and windows says ok we toyed with him enough...

thedoomster
Device ID: 131CC070

Post by thedoomster »

Welcome to the club. Glad you've reconnected! I'm waiting on a Win 8 Pro Pack from eBay so I can get back in business with a new PC. Gotta wonder how much longer WMC will work with Microsoft doing everything they can to discourage its use.

foxbat121
Device ID: 131087C9, 13233B7C

Post by foxbat121 »

IIRC, Win8 Pro doesn't come with WMC either. You still need additional WMC pack. Unless you are re-installing an previous installation, it is also no longer possible to activate an un-activated WMC activation code.

WMC is long dead.