Android App and old “Duals”

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
Timbo2

Android App and old “Duals”

Post by Timbo2 »

Did you guys change something on the backend? My two Nvidia Shield TVs and Google Chromecast TV can no longer load. They were all working earlier this evening.

My iPad and Win 10 clients all work. I have six devices, a prime, two extends, a servio and two duals. After a little bit of trial and error if I disconnect the old duals the android clients all work again.

nickk
Silicondust

Re: Android App and old “Duals”

Post by nickk »

What do you see? black screen?

Timbo2

Post by Timbo2 »

nickk wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:52 pm What do you see? black screen?
I get the loading screen with mention of the API and the identification of 6 devices. It resolves the Prime and the two extends and hangs after that. It doesn't bring the Duals or Servios and just sits there.

TomF

Post by TomF »

I have the same exact issue... started last night....I have a Quattro and one of the first duals...it gets to the point where it detects the Quattro and then stops and just sits there. It works fine on my Win 10 pc...but all of the android apps hang. I can also run the setup program and click on a link for a channel and it opens in VLC just fine.

ab8jh

Post by ab8jh »

I can confirm this. I have an old Dual that causes the Android app to hang on startup for several Samsung tablets and even my new Nvidia Shield Pro 4k. Not a huge deal but definitely an issue.

Boscolio

Post by Boscolio »

Me too. By "not a huge deal" do you mean you got it to work? Unplugged the duals or something?

speedbump49

Post by speedbump49 »

this is happing with my Chromecast with Google TV devices too. (I opened a different thread before this one). My iOS and Win10 apps are fine. I have two TV that rely on these devices for live TV. also using old dual's

c0mputerguru

Post by c0mputerguru »

I'm having the same issue. I have a single "dual" and the android app gets stuck similar to what Timbo2 said, getting stuck at the loading screen. On my windows device, the app loads fine, but I can't tune to any of the channels; the guide data and images are all blank.

Tuning from VLC and browsing via mythtv all seem to be working fine though.

DanC

Post by DanC »

Same here. When we say android app that also means fire stick, which has a huge footprint. It might not be a big deal to some bur i suspect it is for more than not.

It’s never worked right on Roku, so we have chosen the fire stick route

Hope you can figure it out and fix Thanks.

davet

Post by davet »

I also have the same issue using my Nvidia Shields, They stop at found 1 device and don't go any further. I can use google's "live channels" to access the channels. I also have the old dual. The computer side of things still works. Looking forward to a fix, it started 2 days ago. I have tried updating to beta and still the same.

4acfKD6T

Post by 4acfKD6T »

This is quite irritating. Not able to watch TV on either Android nor Amazon Firestick (android).

Have two HDHR3-US (old duals) both on firmware 20200225. These worked flawlessly. Used windows "HDHomeRun Setup" few months ago to update firmware and set them up. Android worked amazing up until 2-3 days ago at which point it is stuck on loading screen (freezes on logo screen after displaying "2 tuners found).

Sad thing is the app has last update of Feb 25, 2021 (which coincides with firmware version on the tuners).

I haven't done anything (no software/firmware updates). It just stopped working. App reinstall, clear cache/data, reboots of android or duals do not work. Tried re-scan, etc.

Then I downloaded HDHomeRun app from Windows Store... it works. Then I had friend bring his iPhone over to test IOS... it works.

So, this is something impacting ONLY android. Unfortunately I don't use IOS now Windows at home (Linux user here), so I'm stuck running this in a VM on a computer in computer room where family can't enjoy local TV programming...

I have no understanding if there was no updates to neither 'duals' nor android app, how it can just stop functioning all of the sudden like that.

Thank you for your help in advance and hoping this issue gets resolved quickly.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

Dev team has been able to confirm a UI issue affecting DUAL units on Android, and are working to fix this ASAP.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

4acfKD6T wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:02 pm I have no understanding if there was no updates to neither 'duals' nor android app, how it can just stop functioning all of the sudden like that.
This was a UI bug. The UI code gets loaded remotely from our servers every time the app opens.

Timbo2

Post by Timbo2 »

NedS wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:32 pm Dev team has been able to confirm a UI issue affecting DUAL units on Android, and are working to fix this ASAP.
Thanks Ned! As an owner of six devices, in my experience SiliconDust has been pretty responsive and customer focused. I'd have little hesitation in buying or recommending your products.

However, I'd like to make the constructive criticism that Friday evening is not the time to be pushing code changes. Essentially we all lose two plus days while we all convince you that it's an actual problem and not user error.

4acfKD6T

Post by 4acfKD6T »

Seems I've jumped the gun on this, there is still an issue...
Thank you so much for quick resolution. Just find it rather surprising there is "internet required" element to starting up and running it every time. This may not be something I'm looking forward to when there is ISP outage but glad the issue has been resolved. Thank you again.
The app loads but is locked to a one, default channel. All other available channels are displayed on the list but clicking on them or otherwise selecting them just highlights the channel in blue. Other than digital channel id such as "51.2 WPXJD" there is no picture nor information about any channels. Seems the app is locked to play one default one now. :(