Fire TV won't start live TV with Connect 4K Tuner - Resolved

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
famu97

Fire TV won't start live TV with Connect 4K Tuner - Resolved

Post by famu97 »

This problem just started within the past 24-48 hrs. I have two Fire TV's in the house (Toshiba TV's running Fire TV OS) and both of them have stopped starting live TV via the HDHomeRun app. The HDHomeRun app on my Fire TV's shows that it's detected my Connect 4K tuner and my HDHomeRun Extend tuner (see link to screen shot) on the network, and then it freezes there and doesn't start live tv. My Roku TV in the same house and on the same network can start live TV successfully and I can start live TV using HDHomeRun app on my Android phone in the house.

I've tried un-installing & re-installing HDHomeRun on both of my FireTV's but that didn't fix it. Any ideas on what's the issue here and why it just started?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/hU27wAAvCVZqZDgQ8
Last edited by famu97 on Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

famu97

Re: Fire TV won't start live TV with Connect 4K Tuner

Post by famu97 »

Update: now HDHomeRun stopped working on my Android phone as well. Same issue, the app starts and then detects my Connect 4K tunner and then freezes and won't start live TV

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

It's a UI bug due to the DUAL tuner. If you disconnect the DUAL it will work again. Dev team is working on a fix ASAP.

famu97

Post by famu97 »

It's working now. I tried it again today and now it's working on Fire TV and on Android phone. It just started working.