Manually Deleting Tasks - Possible?

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
TotallyJaded

Manually Deleting Tasks - Possible?

Post by TotallyJaded »

I seem to have the same problem others have with not being able to delete tasks. But the problem I'm having beyond this, is that some of the tasks I tried to delete are zombies. They're not recording, but I can't set up new recordings, because the HDHR client thinks that there are existing tasks.

From what I can tell, it looks like the DVR gets task info from SiliconDust, since the schedule appears to exist independent of DVR devices. Is there a way that this can be edited, reset, or bypassed?

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 10802091 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Re: Manually Deleting Tasks - Possible?

Post by signcarver »

I'm trying the steps now just to make sure they work but first you must get the discover.json from your devices(s) and get the DeviceAuth(s) ... usually one will work but if subscription is based on having scribe/servio make sure to provide the auth for those devices as well (not sure if just servio works to access account without tuner... mine is on my "paid" account so not sure it would be same to those whose access is only through servio). A
i.e. http://<ip-of-tuner>/discover.json

one may wish to go to their tuner(s) through my.hdhomerun.com and then add /discover.json at the end of the url(s)

Then go to api.hdhomerun.com/api/recording_rules?DeviceAuth=yourdeviceAuth(s)

This will get the list of rules

Find you rule and note the RecordingRuleID

Then goto:
api.hdhomerun.com/api/recording_rules?DeviceAuth=yourDeviceAuth(s)&Cmd=delete&RecordingRuleID=ruleid#

Please note one reason I didn't paste as links is that yourdeviceAuth(s) and ruleid# are specific to you and you must supply such.

And yes it did just work for me. I have always deleted by RecordingRuleID. I believe the app often uses SeriesID which there have been some changes in the API regarding such as not supplying both or needing more fields when SeriesID is used. Also note that I often urlencode any non alphanumeric in the DeviceAuth as some browsers need it i.e. use %2B for a + or %2F for a / (though I think most of the recent firmwares have gotten rid of most problem characters in DeviceAuth)

TotallyJaded

Post by TotallyJaded »

Nice! That worked.

I have a paid subscription, a Prime and a Quatro. So, I can't confirm on the Scribe / Servio platforms, but this worked.

One interesting thing I noticed was that both DeviceAuth strings worked, but the recording order was a little different.

I hadn't even thought to look at the API for this, and now that I have, I've changed other recordings instead of deleting them through the API and recreating them in the GUI. One of the problems I was trying to solve was that the DVR would pull SD broadcasts from cable on new recordings, instead of the HD or OTA channel I picked in the GUI. (For anyone interested it looks like this: api.hdhomerun.com/api/recording_rules?DeviceAuth=<deviceID>&Cmd=change&RecordingRuleID=<recordingID>&ChannelOnly=<channel number>)

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

Deleting tasks should be working again.