Nvidia shield tv with the hdhr prime

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
jessie10133

Nvidia shield tv with the hdhr prime

Post by jessie10133 »

Hey guys hope all is well for the past month I've been dealing with weird quality picture and juddering mostly judder/shaky picture which I find very annoying So I decided to order a brand new TV thinking it was my old TV.come to find out I'm still dealing with the same thing on my new tv "TCL 6 series qled" im also having this issue with my mibox which understandable because it's not a powerful device but now I'm seeing this issue on my Nvidia shield tv and from what it looks like it's only on Android boxes. but on my Microsoft devices like my win10 laptop and Xbox one they are doing perfectly fine no issue whatsoever how come I don't understand that the only changes I did in the past month was buying a new TV and changing the Ethernet cable on my Hdhomerun prime to a cat5 and moving it to a different spot and the nvidia shield tv to a cat6.

List of devices

Hdhomerun prime
Tuning adapter "Optimum"
Nvidia Shield TV pro 2017 "internal SSD"
Mibox
Laptop
Xbox one
Multiple Android phones

List of channels having issues

NgHD 726
Tnt 737
Usa 738
A&e 746
Hc HD 747
Fx FD 767
WildHD 779

There's more channels having this issue but those are the channels that I care for and Watch my tvshows/movies

Cable company = Optimum
Device ID = 1326f1b3
Firmware = 20200521

Thanks

NedS
Silicondust

Re: Nvidia shield tv with the hdhr prime

Post by NedS »

Are all of these channels DRM-restricted? If not, we can get a sample and test the video. You can see this by going to my.hdhomerun.com and clicking on your Channel Lineup, then find a problem channel without the "DRM" flag next to it, then reply back with that channel number.

jessie10133

Post by jessie10133 »

Hey @NedS thanks for the quick reply i really appreciate i hope you are safe and doing fine in these troubled days.the channels i listed are DRM the only one that isn't is HCHD 747 and all the channels thats is not DRM channels are perfectly fine the quality is actually better than the DRM channels.I was having this issue with judder/ frame rate issues with my mibox on DRM channels and now iam seeing this issue on my Nvidia Shield TV.i dont understand why I'm going through this problem i dont see this judder/frame rate issues on my Microsoft devices i think something went wrong with the latest update from silicondust.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

I'll relay this to the development team.

jessie10133

Post by jessie10133 »

Replaced the tuning adapter i apologize thanks for the help