Missing Record Button/Description on one app

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
speedingcheetah

Missing Record Button/Description on one app

Postby speedingcheetah » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:33 pm

I have a Active DVR subscription for my Prime.
Recently, I have noticed that on one of my computers, the HDHR app no longer shows the Record button, says "No description" in the bottom bar, and has no little show progress indicator in the pop out sidebar under each show (on MOST of the channels).

When the app first loads up, the black screen with text on the far left shows up, detects my Prime, says "HD HomeRun RECORD" as it loads up the Red Record button is there on the bottom bar for a sec then it hides itslef.

My other computers, laptop, phone etc, the app shows everything fine.
All have the same current app version. 20190205 (1.1.272.0)

I have restarted the Prime, and computer. Re-installed the app. Still have this issue on the one computer.

How do I fix this? It is quite annoying as the one computer is my main desktop with the big monitor I watch tv on.
Last edited by speedingcheetah on Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

JeffRand
Device ID: 131C369D, 1321FB16

Re: Missing Record Button/Description on one app

Postby JeffRand » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:10 am

Is it the same machine that is doing the recordings, and is it Windows 10? If so, see this post:
viewtopic.php?f=119&t=70615&p=337007&hi ... ck#p337023

speedingcheetah

Postby speedingcheetah » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:31 am

Is it the same machine that is doing the recordings, and is it Windows 10? If so, see this post:
viewtopic.php?f=119&t=70615&p=337007&hi ... ck#p337023
No. Not same pc that is doing the recording. Is win 10. same as all the other pcs that show it fine.
I can still see and use the DVR functions, like set recordings, watch recordings, view the search-able "guide", pause, skip forward or back.
Its just like i said, the Red button dissapears, and so does the program descriptions and progress indicators(on MOST of the channels) a few secs after the program loads up. Only does it on the one computer.

I have run the newest hdhr setup .exe on the computer, even though that software is not needed on clients and isn't installed on the other client machines that are show full app fine, that setup detects the Prime fine. So it appears to be an issue with the app.

JeffRand

Postby JeffRand » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:56 am

Do you have bit defender or some other antivirus blocking things? If not, I would suggest you turn on diagnostics and post your device ID so the SD folks can look at the logs.

speedingcheetah

Postby speedingcheetah » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:29 pm

Do you have bit defender or some other antivirus blocking things? If not, I would suggest you turn on diagnostics and post your device ID so the SD folks can look at the logs.
no av on any of my computers, other than the built in win 10 one, which is all i need.
turning on diag on the prime has nothing to do with the app on a computer, i have been told.
there is nothing wrong with the hardware on the prime tuner as it and the app works fine on all other computers.
the app worked fine before for years on this computer, i think it started after it auto updated from the MS store some time ago.
the prime logs look identical when i tune in from any computer.

why is the software app on one computer detecting it has the premium features access, can still use them, but then decides to hide certain UI elements a few secs after it loads up and tunes to a channel?

JeffRand

Postby JeffRand » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:49 pm

The app can send diagnostics too. Click near the top left corner and enable "Send diagnostic imformation".

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F

Postby signcarver » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:03 pm

You should enable sending of diagnostics data on both the tuners and the app... last I heard the DVR is logging anyway so no need to "enable" there. They would need your deviceID to look at things.

If you didn't state Win 10, and that the app still supported your recorded content, I'd think it would look for a subnet mask issue as everything needs to be in the same subnet and it is possible for a device to have the same broadcast address for discovery of toners but not match up to the DVR that has a mask that still has the tuners in it's broadcast address. What needs to happen is the software detect the DVR so it is also possible the software is blocked by some firewall either on DVR or the machine itself. I would also check if perhaps you have another DVR running on the network that may not have it's storage properly configured as it may be turning it off as it can't use the "first" one as a buffer so "behaves" like it can't find a DVR but actually found more than one but one not working. If it did't "work" on other clients, I would check the DVR log that it is authorized, I would also check tuners that they have a DeviceAuth and haven't had issue getting such (would show up as web client error on the tuner's log)

It is also possible that one has the old "VIEW" app on the win 10 machine such as what would be on a win 7/8 machine and that never supports the DVR.

speedingcheetah

Postby speedingcheetah » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:30 pm

You should enable sending of diagnostics data on both the tuners and the app... last I heard the DVR is logging anyway so no need to "enable" there. They would need your deviceID to look at things.

If you didn't state Win 10, and that the app still supported your recorded content, I'd think it would look for a subnet mask issue as everything needs to be in the same subnet and it is possible for a device to have the same broadcast address for discovery of toners but not match up to the DVR that has a mask that still has the tuners in it's broadcast address. What needs to happen is the software detect the DVR so it is also possible the software is blocked by some firewall either on DVR or the machine itself. I would also check if perhaps you have another DVR running on the network that may not have it's storage properly configured as it may be turning it off as it can't use the "first" one as a buffer so "behaves" like it can't find a DVR but actually found more than one but one not working. If it did't "work" on other clients, I would check the DVR log that it is authorized, I would also check tuners that they have a DeviceAuth and haven't had issue getting such (would show up as web client error on the tuner's log)

It is also possible that one has the old "VIEW" app on the win 10 machine such as what would be on a win 7/8 machine and that never supports the DVR.
Nothing has changed on my network. Windows is set for DHCP. All the other clients have the same app version and it is the only one in the with 10 store, so not possible to get an old app as there is no. its the same app i have been using for some time. ONly recently did it start being weird. App is set to allow through windows firewall..

I enabled diag on the app with issues. Is there a ID for each app or is it just the tuner id?
1325A2E8 is the Prime
Last edited by speedingcheetah on Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.

speedingcheetah

Postby speedingcheetah » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:33 pm

Ok. This is weird. I have noticed somehting more.
The record button comes back when i tune to one of the few channels that show a progress bar in the right banner and it shows the bottom program description as well, red button comes back.
Tune to another channel, no button or description.
And again, on all other devices, all channels show all their UI elements fine.

speedingcheetah

Postby speedingcheetah » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:05 pm

SOLVED!.

Computer clock was an hour off!

I just noticed that my desktop(the machine that is having the app issue) the system clock did not auto change for the stupid daylight savings time thing. Fixed that to set correct actual time. HDHR app now works fine.

LOLZ! Simple fix.

Return to “HDHomeRun Software Setup & Troubleshooting (Live & DVR)”