Channel select by numeric pad Amazon Fire TV / Harmony Companion

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
DrJohn

Channel select by numeric pad Amazon Fire TV / Harmony Companion

Postby DrJohn » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:18 am

HDHomeRun app, using the Harmony Companion Remote and Fire TV Stick. I can select HDHR channels only with the up/down keys; the numerics are not functional. The Fire TV itself recognizes the Harmony remote (bluetooth) as a type of "Keyboard", yet the numeric keys don't seem to pass through to the HDHR app. This makes it frustrating and difficult to switch between, for example, live channel 1455 and OTA channel 2 with many many arrow key presses. Anyone have a solution? Thanks!

jjm1982

Re: Channel select by numeric pad Amazon Fire TV / Harmony Companion

Postby jjm1982 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:15 pm

HDHomeRun app, using the Harmony Companion Remote and Fire TV Stick. I can select HDHR channels only with the up/down keys; the numerics are not functional. The Fire TV itself recognizes the Harmony remote (bluetooth) as a type of "Keyboard", yet the numeric keys don't seem to pass through to the HDHR app. This makes it frustrating and difficult to switch between, for example, live channel 1455 and OTA channel 2 with many many arrow key presses. Anyone have a solution? Thanks!
Although I don't have as many channels, I experience the same issue. I use a harmony remote as well have have the app installed in the Nvidia Shield. I actually forget when I used the numeric buttons last.

herbmmmm

Re: Channel select by numeric pad Amazon Fire TV / Harmony Companion

Postby herbmmmm » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:58 am

I just bought a Mini Bluetooth Touchpad Keyboard(IBK-26) on Amazon and it allows me to input channel numbers then hit enter and the channel is changed! Works great! Think it was $20.00.

Return to “HDHomeRun Software Setup & Troubleshooting (Live & DVR)”