Problem with UPnP Discovery

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
DataCrypt

Problem with UPnP Discovery

Postby DataCrypt » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:29 pm

I have a HDHomeRun Connect HDHR4-2US. It's been working great and recently some local channels changed - so I wanted to rescan my channels and opened up the HDHomeRun setup application in Windows. It popped up an error stating that "A problem has been detected with UPnp discovery." There are no changes to my router and I verified everything is okay in the router settings per the information to resolve this issue. So, I can't seem to get rid of the error or why this is happening. I've also disabled my Malwarebytes and Windows Defender in Windows 10 and it's still doing the same thing.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Kind Regards,
Nelson

jasonl
Silicondust

Re: Problem with UPnP Discovery

Postby jasonl » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:59 pm

Unless you're using DLNA to access the HDHomeRun, I'd just ignore it. It won't affect any other use of the HDHomeRun, including the app, HDHomeRun DVR, Plex, or any other DVR applications.

DataCrypt

Re: Problem with UPnP Discovery

Postby DataCrypt » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:33 am

Unless you're using DLNA to access the HDHomeRun, I'd just ignore it. It won't affect any other use of the HDHomeRun, including the app, HDHomeRun DVR, Plex, or any other DVR applications.
Thank you. I'm not using DLNA to access the HDHomeRun, so I'll just ignore it for now.

Best Regards,
Nelson

Return to “HDHomeRun Software Setup & Troubleshooting (Live & DVR)”