HD Homerun Mac app crash's all the time

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
jerryphx

Re: HD Homerun Mac app crash's all the time

Postby jerryphx » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:42 pm

Is there any progress on this? Please see my post viewtopic.php?f=119&t=66417&sid=fa38379 ... 30#p307631

MoveAlong

Postby MoveAlong » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:40 pm

I have the same hardware as you, same OS (Mac High Sierra) and the same problem...the app crashes when you change a channel or exit the app.
Please install the 20171013beta1 release - this fixes the crash on channel change/exit.

Nick
Just wanted to say that I'm still having this issue even with the 20171013beta1 release. App opens fine, then video stutters - freezes - can hear audio, then crashes along with a forced user log out. Really want to get back to being able to use my MacBook. Thanks for working on this.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013)
2.6 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2 GB
Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

jerryphx

Postby jerryphx » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:55 pm

Just wanted to say that I'm still having this issue even with the 20171013beta1 release. App opens fine, then video stutters - freezes - can hear audio, then crashes along with a forced user log out. Really want to get back to being able to use my MacBook. Thanks for working on this.
Exactly my issue. See my post above. Status?

EDIT: tried 20171105beta1. Same as 20171013beta1...freeze, crash, forced logout

Mehdi

Postby Mehdi » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:52 pm

Hi Nick,

The issue I was having with the application crashing when I changed the channel appears to be fixed with the 20171013beta1 release. I just installed the beta version and cannot get it to crash. With the official release (20170930) it would immediately crash after a channel change.

I'm running Mac OS High Sierra v10.13.1 on an iMac 5K 27-inch (Late 2015) with an AMD R9 M395 graphics.

Thanks!

Captinkirk

Postby Captinkirk » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:03 pm

I'm still crashing with the new beta app, just not as much.

kalantan

Postby kalantan » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:21 pm

Mac Pro (2013), High Sierra 10.13.1. HDHomeRun app launches and freezes on launch screen. Message at lower left reads,

"platform: qt
using external api
found 1 device
1033EE36 (firmware upgrade required)

I reinstalled the beta again, it launched terminal and the message is that the device has the latest firmware. Still freezes on launch screen... :(

jasonl
Silicondust

Postby jasonl » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:49 pm

For the HDHomeRun Dual, you must be running a recent firmware version and run a channel scan in HDHomeRun Setup on Windows in order for the channel lineup to be available to the app.

kalantan

Postby kalantan » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:20 pm

I have a Windows machine available. You're saying I just need to connect the unit to it and run the firmware update...? Thanks!

GetMatt

Postby GetMatt » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:07 am

I have a Windows machine available. You're saying I just need to connect the unit to it and run the firmware update...? Thanks!
No need to connect the unit to a computer. As long as they are on the same network just run the setup program on windows and do a channel scan in the setup.

afreemanmd

Postby afreemanmd » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:18 pm

It is now coming up on six weeks since High Sierra OS was released for Mac. My subscription to the DVR has not been unusable for that time. I understand you are trying to fix the problem, but the fact remains that my fellow Mac subscribers and I have been unable to use your product. Your ability to thus far rectify this has been a huge disappointment.

kalantan

Postby kalantan » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:07 pm

No need to connect the unit to a computer. As long as they are on the same network just run the setup program on windows and do a channel scan in the setup.
Hi - As per your recommendation, I connected the HDHomeRun to my Windows PC and ran the application and configuration. After re-plugging it directly into the MAC second Ethernet connection and launching the HDHomeRun app, I get the program screen with the following message at the lower left:

11/15/2017
platform: qt
using external api
http://xxx.xxx.x.xxx:80/discover.json failed
found 1 device
1033EE36 HDHomeRun Tuner (unreachable)

I still have the Windows PC at home, so I can perform additional configurations. Please advise. Thanks...!

GetMatt

Postby GetMatt » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:12 pm

Hi - As per your recommendation, I connected the HDHomeRun to my Windows PC and ran the application and configuration. After re-plugging it directly into the MAC second Ethernet connection and launching the HDHomeRun app, I get the program screen with the following message at the lower left:

11/15/2017
using external api
found 1 device

I still have the Windows PC at home, so I can perform additional configurations. Please advise. Thanks...!
We may have a misunderstanding. How is the HDHR connected to your network? It should be connected to the router or a switch and not connected directly to a computer. While connected to the network the setup should discover the tuner and allow you to run a channel scan. Have you been able to complete the scan?

kalantan

Postby kalantan » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:41 pm

OK - Connected HDHomeRun to router. Re-configured and performed Channel Scan with the Windows PC. Tried connecting the HDHomeRun directly to the Mac via Ethernet. I was using this connection with EyeTV to save using an extra router port. The Mac HDHomeRun app didn't discover the device. Reconnected via the router and now the Mac HDHomeRun app sees the device and plays Live TV. I'm new to the app on the Mac. I assume theres's a way to set up DVR and schedule functionality as it was on EyeTV that I'm simply overlooking...

kalantan

Postby kalantan » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:00 pm

OK - Looks like my error. Seems my HDHomeRun Dual is too old to work with the DVR service. I will try an HDHomeRun Connect Dual. Hoping that gets me the same capabilities as my aging EyeTV app that no longer includes updates for my old Dual.

Question. When I received the HD HomeRun Connect Dual, will I still need to have my Windows PC laptop on hand to set it up as well...?

Thanks!

kalantan

Postby kalantan » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:02 pm

11/15/2017
using external api
found 1 device

We may have a misunderstanding. How is the HDHR connected to your network? It should be connected to the router or a switch and not connected directly to a computer. While connected to the network the setup should discover the tuner and allow you to run a channel scan. Have you been able to complete the scan?

Hi - After determining that my old HDHomeRun Dual is too old to use with a new DVR Service subscription, I ordered an HDHomeRun Connect Duo. Will I need a Windows PC to set up that model as well? Thanks...!

Return to “HDHomeRun Software Setup & Troubleshooting (Live & DVR)”