Still no access to DVR or live tv without internet connection

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
0bw4n

Still no access to DVR or live tv without internet connection

Postby 0bw4n » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:23 am

My ISP had another outage yesterday, which means that once again I was not able to use the DVR client AT ALL, nor was I able to watch live TV at ALL. This coupled with the recent outage of http://my.hdhomerun.com/, and this DVR has quickly become a thorn in my side.

When will this be fixed? I can begrudgingly understand lack of DVR functionality (at least while bugs are being worked out), but lack of live TV is simply not acceptable.

I like the silicondust hardware, and I want to like the software - but issues like this make me SERIOUSLY consider dumping it for a competitor (since I have cable, there's really only one active competitor - while they are expensive, they at least WORK even without an internet connection).

nickk
Silicondust

Re: Still no access to DVR or live tv without internet connection

Postby nickk » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:57 am

What platform are you using the HDHomeRun app on, and what didn't work without internet?

Nick

0bw4n

Postby 0bw4n » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:06 pm

What platform are you using the HDHomeRun app on, and what didn't work without internet?

Nick
Hi Nick,

I'm using the app on both Windows 10 and Xbox one. Nothing worked, the app just loaded to a black screen. Once internet connectivity was restored, everything worked as expected.

GetMatt

Postby GetMatt » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:36 pm

I tested this tonight by disconnecting my cable modem from my router. I tested it with Xbox, Win10, Android and iOS. The only one that worked is the Xbox. All other platforms just displayed a black screen.

mcewinter

Postby mcewinter » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:16 am

Same here (as I posed in another thread). My service was out and only got a small Android logo in the corner upon attempting to open the grey app on my Shield.

viewtopic.php?p=300662#p300662

0bw4n

Postby 0bw4n » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:52 pm

Nick,

What's the status of this bug?

RockandRoller70

Postby RockandRoller70 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:22 pm

I was able to test this tonight as my router lost internet until I rebooted it.

Xbox One worked fine (no guide) without internet.

Windows 10 went to a black screen and hung. I relaunched it and it eventually progressed into TV and worked.

RockandRoller70

Postby RockandRoller70 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:53 pm

I again lost internet (Wireless Router being flaky, but I have a switch so the router is not in the mix for HDHR)... and discovered that it was down when I went to start HDHR on my Shield and it hung at a black screen.

I rebooted and retried multiple times and the Shield would not play TV without internet.

Return to “HDHomeRun Software Setup & Troubleshooting (Live & DVR)”