Lost DVR and Settings

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
jeffpiercemagic

Lost DVR and Settings

Postby jeffpiercemagic » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:25 am

After last update I've lost access to dvr, to settings, to pause and FF buttons on main screen. I've tried rebooting everything but no go. Not at home this morning so I can't give you serial number but has anyone else experienced this? Running on Sheild TV, Nexus Player and 2 firesticks. All four devices will see channels thru Live Channels or istaTV but not SDHR.

Jeff

Mediaman
Expert

Re: Lost DVR and Settings

Postby Mediaman » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:23 am

Typically that would mean that the DVR is not running. Open http://my.hdhomerun.com/ and look for a box near the top labeled HDHomerun RECORD. What do you use for a record engine? If NAS it may have updated firmware and the DVR did not reboot?

jeffpiercemagic

Postby jeffpiercemagic » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:26 pm

In myhdhomerun it says I need to buy the dvr feature when I've already payed for it. Also the app is not allowing me to go into settings to turn the dvr on.

Homerun connect #10478625

NYPlayer

Postby NYPlayer » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:50 pm

In myhdhomerun it says I need to buy the dvr feature when I've already payed for it. Also the app is not allowing me to go into settings to turn the dvr on.

Maybe you need to re-activate use your activation email you received from SD.

leerandall

Postby leerandall » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:54 pm

Is the DVR on your Shield? If so, try pressing the play button 13 times on the game controller rather than on the remote. I had to do this recently to start the DVR on my Shield.

signcarver
Expert

Postby signcarver » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:08 pm

it allows purchase by every one... you should be looking above that, "next" to the tuners discovered, it should show the dvr engine (it can take a few minutes to show up if you just restarted the engine). For my.hdhomerun.com to work, the tuners, engine, and browser must connect to the internet through the same ip. Also some browsers won't work at all with the feature without drastic changes to security.

Where is you engine running?

jeffpiercemagic

Postby jeffpiercemagic » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:22 pm

Is the DVR on your Shield? If so, try pressing the play button 13 times on the game controller rather than on the remote. I had to do this recently to start the DVR on my Shield.
That worked all backto normal.
thanks
Jeff

Return to “HDHomeRun Software Setup & Troubleshooting (Live & DVR)”