Samsung Fridge/ Family Hub App support desprately needed

Help and support with third-party TV software.
Windows Media Center, J River Media Center, Next PVR, MythTV, InstaTV, etc.
t.o.

Samsung Fridge/ Family Hub App support desprately needed

Post by t.o. »

Hello Everyone,

The wife and sit I every day at the "breakfast nook" in front of our Samsung Fridge with Family Hub.
We like to have the TV on while eating breakfast and dinner but our only option is EMBY (well anything that is web-based but we've only used EMBY so far) and it pales in comparison to HDHomeRun's native app on other devices and is even worse on the Fridge. There has got to be at least ONE developer who has the same TVs https://www.samsung.com/us/explore/fami ... /overview/
If there could be any support added for these it would make my little home happier. Right now that's the only device where my HDHomeRun tuner is hit or miss.

I'm sure you guys don't need guidance but here's some resources to get started
https://developer.samsung.com/family-hub

It would be nice to have a native app to complete my "TV Anywhere" solution short of buying a Samsung TV and even then I don't know if the mirroring would work.
Besides I'm not buying their TV for just this.

Thanks to any developer who wants to pick up the mantle. I really should have posted this years ago but I was hoping and waiting and trying not to be an annoyance.

Thanks,
T.O.

PS: You'll be the first such app and if marketed correctly you could sell a ton of HDHomeRun devices. Right now Live TV on these fridges is not as intuitive as one thinks it should be.

goofnroxx

Re: Samsung Fridge/ Family Hub App support desprately needed

Post by goofnroxx »

I gotta say, I can't watch TV on my fridge has got to be near the top of the list for first world problems.

Good luck with your endeavor. :P

socalman

Post by socalman »

Have you tried "Smart View" - "Mirror your Samsung TV or phone to your fridge" ????

jasonl
Expert

Post by jasonl »

SD wasted a lot of time and money in the past developing for Samsung's platforms only to have Samsung pull the rug out from under them on multiple occasions. I wouldn't count on SD trying again.

socalman

Post by socalman »

I feel like every time I login here I am pushing RaspberryPi's/kodi combo. So... Here we go again. (Sorry)

I have this RPi 3b connected via HDMI (ARC audio) into 27" Samsung computer monitor. Monitor has 3.5 audio out jack that's to connected a small speaker. RPi is connected over WiFi. Menu Navigation & audio are controlled with Wechip Remote (Found on Amazon)

jachin99

Post by jachin99 »

You might have better luck describing your problems to emby. When I use my fridge to watch emby I start tv when I'm grabbing all of my food out of the fridge because I know it takes tv a little while to start. Have you tried adjusting playing around with the emby transcoding settings?