I wanted to allow a quick way to record a TV show, without needing to setup a large system like Plex or HDHomeRuns' own DVR software. I call it a VCR app, as while it does use guide data to pull name / season / episode number / episode name / show length, it does not present like a normal DVR. It is more of a Smart VCR
This is very feature rich, and would love the community to try it, and report any issues they have.
- Auto discovery of all HDHomeRun devices on your network!
- Uses built-in guide data, and lineup data, to automatically name the shows you are recording.
- The free guide data is only for the next 4-6 hours. We will attempt to pull fresh data right before a show starts, so in most cases, the information does get pulled correctly. I believe if you pay for HDHomeRuns own DVR software, the guide data is much longer, and the script would handle that.
- Runs in the background, but allows easy editing of existing saved shows.
- Uses caffeinate to ensure that the system does not go to sleep during a recording.
- Add a show or series in 10 seconds.
- Saves saved recording settings to a separate text file
* JSONHelper https://apps.apple.com/us/app/json-help ... d453114608
* HDHomeRUn device setup, and installed on your network.
More information available at https://github.com/identd113/hdhr_VCR-AS