Need help with WMC not displaying a channel.

Help and support with third-party TV software.
Windows Media Center, J River Media Center, Next PVR, MythTV, InstaTV, etc.
JasonS

Need help with WMC not displaying a channel.

Post by JasonS »

I'm on Cox cable and in my latest bill it says they are rolling out MPEG4 very soon and if you have a cable card then goto channel 1987 and verify if it works.

The channel doesn't currently show up at all in windows media center. I can't manually tune to it either.

It shows up in the hdhomerun lineup, and I can view the channel on the hdhomerun app but I can't even tune to it in wmc.

Any ideas?

Also the channel guide no longer updates in wmc. Would that affect it adding a new channels? I'm guessing channel 1987 was newly added to the lineup.

Does wmc support mpeg4 live tv thru cable? Most likely it will be drm but the test channel in not drm.

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 10802091 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Re: Need help with WMC not displaying a channel.

Post by signcarver »

Don't worry about the test channel. WMC can work with mpeg4 and usually does well with cox while comcast it can depend greatly by market especially when it comes to extenders (note only xbox and ceton echo support mpeg4 when it comes to extenders).

For cablecard lineups with wmc, you will either need your guide provider to provide the channel or a tool such as Guide Editor to add the channel number, once the number is added you can use WMC own functions to assign a lineup to it if available from another channel

JasonS

Re: Need help with WMC not displaying a channel.

Post by JasonS »

Okay thanks, also I'm using an Intel NUC with integrated graphics. I read there was an issue with that and drm with mpeg4.

Worst case I will just have to stop using WMC and just use the hdhomerun app in its place. Since I already lost the program guide the app might be an upgrade. Just will have to get used to the different interface.