pixel dropout issue

Help and support with third-party TV software.
Windows Media Center, J River Media Center, Next PVR, MythTV, InstaTV, etc.
sdrecbc

pixel dropout issue

Post by sdrecbc »

I am experiencing a problem when viewing TV through silicondust tuners.

At random times, approx. every 2-7 minutes, I see horizontal black lines (apparent lack of pixels). This happens only on one particular channel, physical channel 15 in Washington, DC which broadcasts 7 subchannels (14.1, 14.2, 14.3, 14.4, 50.1, 50.2, and 25.1). The problem appears to occur on all subchannels. Signal strength is 100%, quality is 98-100%, and symbol quality is 100%.

The horizontal lines appear from the right edge of the screen, at any height, and go varying lengths across the screen. The missing pixels 'fill-in' quickly and then all seems normal until the next dropout. I have included some screenshots to help visualize the problem.

This problem occurs when watching/recording via a hardwired ethernet connection using EyeTV 3.6.9 on Mac OS 10.12.6, which is generally a very stable system and has been successfully used for several years. I have both an HDHR3 and HDHR4 with current firmware on the same network and both show the same behavior. I don't see the problem when using a TV with a built-in tuner wired to the same antenna in the same location.

Any guidance on how to resolve this issue would be appreciated. Thank you.