HDHomerun 3 tuners, cable card, NPVR

Help and support with third-party TV software.
Windows Media Center, J River Media Center, Next PVR, MythTV, InstaTV, etc.
jasonl
Expert

Re: HDHomerun 3 tuners, cable card, NPVR

Post by jasonl »

rpcameron wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:48 pm
jasonl wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:37 pm Have you considered moving to Linux and running NextPVR there? At least that way you can run an OS that isn't woefully insecure (and being heavily targeted by ransomware and other nasty stuff) while still being able to use older hardware. You'll probably want to stick to a lightweight desktop like Xfce rather than a heavy one like KDE or GNOME, but that's why Xubuntu exists.
If you're considering a Linux distro to use for DVR purposes, you would probably be better served by Mythbuntu.
Sure, if the goal is to use MythTV. Not as useful for NextPVR, which added support for Linux in version 5.

emveepee

Post by emveepee »

The obsolete TLS levels in XP where definitely a problem with SD JSON in the past. You might need to check with IE (not another browser) to see if this link works https://json.schedulesdirect.org/201412 ... /mfdb-json

V5 won't work with XP, but getting NextPVR, and HDHR and Schedules Direct working on Windows 7 should normally be trivial, if your device shows on http://my.hdhomerun.com

Martin

Karter

Post by Karter »

You do understand that Windows 7 has the built in WMC Windows Media Center, which is far easier to setup than NPVR?

I just wonder what made you select NPVR over WMC, since everything originated with media center.

emveepee

Post by emveepee »

Karter wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:01 am You do understand that Windows 7 has the built in WMC Windows Media Center, which is far easier to setup than NPVR?
WMC may have been easier to install when guide data was integrated. Now using the fully integrated Schedules Direct support in NextPVR I would say that NextPVR HDHR is easier when DRM is not a factor.

Martin