HD Channels not Recognized?

Help and support with third-party TV software.
Windows Media Center, J River Media Center, Next PVR, MythTV, InstaTV, etc.
sfmike

HD Channels not Recognized?

Post by sfmike »

Here is my model info:
Model: HDHR3-US
Device ID: 103BEAC8
Firmware: 20200225

A channel scan returns 90 channels but doesn't seem to identify any of them as HD (even though they are).

When I go to my myhdhomerun.com I see this:

HDHomeRun DUAL 103BEAC8
Version 20200225
90 Channels

However clicking on this doesn't give me any more information about the channels.

I'm using Channels DVR on a Synology NAS. I see all the channels, but if I try to filter for HD it says none are found. This worked fine before I updated everything a couple of months ago.

How can I tell if my HDHomeRun is correctly identifying HD channels?

Thanks in advance.

sfmike

Re: HD Channels not Recognized?

Post by sfmike »

Anyone?

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 10802091 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Post by signcarver »

Best to ask in channels forum, though tmm1 may respond here as well. Most software these days don't support legacy devices that well and often when they do and you are on modern firmware, they still rely on the scan and what SD reports and to my knowledge SD has never provided that info in the lineupURL with legacy and simply provides name, number, frequency, and program id (subchannel) aa part of the HDHomeRun protocol vs the http that modern tuners use. Modern tuners that maintain their own lineup do mark a channel as hd if it is detected in their scan.

There may be a way within channels to override such.

tmm1

Post by tmm1 »

In the Channels DVR web UI: click the pencil icon under your HDHomeRun, then click Edit at the top right. You will be able to select and mark the HD stations.