Concerning DVR SYNOLOGY KODI

Help and support with third-party TV software.
Windows Media Center, J River Media Center, Next PVR, MythTV, InstaTV, etc.
CockneyBoy

Concerning DVR SYNOLOGY KODI

Post by CockneyBoy »

I am pretty new here.
I live in Germany. Early this year I moved from IPTV on to DVB-C and purchased an Expand HDHR5-4DC(EU).
I already used Kodi (Libreelec) on RasPi's for the movies stored on a Synology

For the TV and recording function I use an EU App TVMosaic, on which support and development has just been stopped.
So I need a replacement but I want to change the setup as little as possible.

I am considering using the SD DVR subscription.
I would install the Synology package from 'demonrik' and use the 'zuki' Kodi Addon, which appears to use the native Kodi PVR.

Is it as simple as that? have I missed anything?
Comments would be appreciated.
Many thanks

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 10802091 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Re: Concerning DVR SYNOLOGY KODI

Post by signcarver »

It is usually pretty much that simple after you subscribe (I do suggest looking at the official app/add-on and make sure channels have guide data populated)... keep in mind the tuners and the dvr must be able to connect to the internet (DVR checks in every hour or two to find out what to record as well as whenever poked after setting up a recording, tuners get new authorizations each time booted and approximately every 8 hours after that). Also note that your old stuff wouldn't be accessible by the new programs using SD's DVR system but should still work however you were accessing them before.

CockneyBoy

Post by CockneyBoy »

@signcarver

Thanks for this. I took your advice. I set up a test Kodi with two profiles on an old PC.
Installed both addons, but de-activated one on each profile
Works perfect, I have individual guide data on both and of course my recordings on one of them.
My Synology is dedicated and runs 24/7 - electricity is not cheap here, but I allow myself this luxury.

radu

Post by radu »

hello, sorry for the offtopic message, but my question is regarding the HDHR5-4DC(EU) device itself.
I want to buy such device also, but is no where to be found. On the official web store is not possible to be bought.
I have also emailed to silicondust regarding this topic and i got the reply that CONNECT DUO and QUATRO will now support both DVB-C and DVB-T/T2.
Is this thing for real?

Thank you

L.E. searching more over the net, i found on https://www.silicondust.com/support/dow ... changelog/ that the latest firmware is able to give dvb-c support for Duo and Quatro

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

Yes, it's real. We haven't updated the website product pages yet, but will do that soon.