HDHomeRun app on fire tv

Help and support with third-party TV software.
Windows Media Center, J River Media Center, Next PVR, MythTV, InstaTV, etc.
ddodge13

HDHomeRun app on fire tv

Post by ddodge13 »

For some reason my HDHomeRun app in my fire tv was opening onto my account page and not live tv like it is set to. It was driving me crazy so I started checking thing out to see why it was happening. I found my DVR was not up to date so I updated it. That didn’t change it. Then I cleared the cache and data in the HDHomeRun app in the manage installed apps on fire tv settings, that didn’t change it either. I clicked sign out of account and that did it. But now I’m signed out and cannot figure out how to sign back in. When I’m signed out my DVR tasks are not there. Can someone please tell me how to sign back in on fire tv in the HDHomeRun app?

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Re: HDHomeRun app on fire tv

Post by signcarver »

That coming up means it detected a new device or not detected a device currently on your account... if you hit continue it updates your account (you might need to hit the trash can to remove an undetected device from your account).

Since you signed out, you may need to activate your tuners with the DVR service with the email sent or possibly clear the cache/data again (if DVR Engine is on same android box DO NOT clear data as that will also delete recordings). as I am not sure of log out updates those tuners to not be on your account.

ddodge13

Post by ddodge13 »

I got that to go away it was because I removed one of my prime tuners. I had two. I’m down to one now. But how do I sign back in in the fire tv HDHomeRun app?

ddodge13

Post by ddodge13 »

signcarver wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:41 pm
That coming up means it detected a new device or not detected a device currently on your account... if you hit continue it updates your account (you might need to hit the trash can to remove an undetected device from your account).

Since you signed out, you may need to activate your tuners with the DVR service with the email sent or possibly clear the cache/data again (if DVR Engine is on same android box DO NOT clear data as that will also delete recordings). as I am not sure of log out updates those tuners to not be on your account.
Thank you! That did it.