NextPVR BDA correction

Help and support with third-party TV software.
Windows Media Center, J River Media Center, Next PVR, MythTV, InstaTV, etc.
emveepee

NextPVR BDA correction

Post by emveepee » Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:53 pm

I have posted on this in the past with no reply but I wondering how @sub the author of NextPVR should go about contacting SiliconDust to get the setup configuration utility fixed so that the NextPVR selection is correct. I am not sure what filtering it does behind the scene but we regularly have to tell users to choose MediaPortal or Default which is not intuitive at all.

Thanks.

Martin

NedS
Silicondust

Re: NextPVR BDA correction

Post by NedS » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:54 pm

Have him send us an e-mail to support@silicondust.com and that will remind me to bug Nick about it ;)

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:06 pm

Interesting... the only difference between selecting MediaPortal and NextPVR is the PID filter. NextPVR used to support PID filtering but if it doesn't anymore we can tell the driver to disable support like we do for MediaPortal.

I have committed the change - it will be in the next release.

Nick

sub

Post by sub » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:15 pm

nickk wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:06 pm
Interesting... the only difference between selecting MediaPortal and NextPVR is the PID filter. NextPVR used to support PID filtering but if it doesn't anymore we can tell the driver to disable support like we do for MediaPortal.
It still does PID filtering, but for many years there is some obscure bug lurking that occasionally causes problems for some users. I've never need been able to reproduce it, or managed to get a log from a user that has the issue, so the easiest option was always to tell them to switch to the Mediaportal profile (to disable the PID filter).

These days, with NextPVR v5, most people are using http with their HDHR devices, and it's not an issue for them (since it that setting only relates to the BDA drivers)