Oculus Go

Help and support with third-party TV software.
Windows Media Center, J River Media Center, Next PVR, MythTV, InstaTV, etc.
janusz

Oculus Go

Post by janusz » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:34 am

Hi!

Any Oculus Go user on the list? I've purchased one today.
I expected to be able to use the DLNA server provided by my HDHR4-2DT. To make a long story short, all my attempts failed. Moreover they have not failed in a reproducible way, for a moment it even worked.
Any suggestions?

Best regards - Janusz

janusz

HDHomerun format (was: Oculus Go)

Post by janusz » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:43 am

I guess the primary problem is the incompatibility of the video format. What is exactly the format of the video provided by HDHomerun?

Best regards - Janusz

P.S. I understand there are other Oculus Go users on the forum (yet?).

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F

Re: Oculus Go

Post by signcarver » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:13 am

The format is the same as what the tv station puts out... a TS, in the US for atsc this also generally means mpeg2 video with ac3 audio, neither of which is listed as supported by the device (nor is TS)... but for your device it varies too much by region (country) to make that general assumption of codecs inside the TS as typically h.264 is used (though could be h.265) and often some variant, often enhanced, version of ac3 that makes such incompatible even in many devices where ac3 is supported... which I don't believe is as there is a warning on the device's page that many mp4's may have incompatible audio formats and the only 2 audio codecs listed are mp3 and aac.

It could also be the device's implementation of DLNA as the source content is not seekable which can cause some implementations to not handle things the way that is required by DLNA. If this is the case, if the device can access the streams directly via url, rather than dlna, they may work if it isn't the container/codec issue.

janusz

Post by janusz » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:36 pm

Thanks for the explanation. Looks like there is no player for Oculus Go supporting TS. It is at least theoretically possible to sideload some Android aplication supporting the format. Perhaps I will try this in some future.

parkerc

Post by parkerc » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:53 am

Is there not some software or ideally a proxy solution that could convert the mpeg.ts into a compatible format for the Oculus Go ?

Can the oculus view VLC streamed content ?