Emby doesn't link wiith Quattro

Help and support with third-party TV software.
Windows Media Center, J River Media Center, Next PVR, MythTV, InstaTV, etc.
JD40

Emby doesn't link wiith Quattro

Post by JD40 » Fri May 31, 2019 10:10 am

I'm trying to use my Quattro with Emby Live TV. It worked fine until a week ago when it stopped in Emby. The tuner works in the HD tuner and in the NPVR tuner. Emby finds the correct ip address but nothing happens after it does so. Any ideas on how I can get this tuner to connect with Emby?

sspell

Re: Emby doesn't link wiith Quattro

Post by sspell » Fri May 31, 2019 10:47 am

First thing is make sure you have emby premier and the key is entered correctly in the software and activated. If that is not the problem then check your network and make sure the Quatro is discoverable and emby has an active network connection also emby needs internet access for the premier key check occasionally. Some things I would look at..

JD40

Post by JD40 » Fri May 31, 2019 11:52 am

I think I meet all the criteria you mentioned. I may have found a way around the problem. I created a m3u playlist using VLC and plugged that into a m3u tuner in Emby. Seems to load and work just fine. I was using another workaround by creating a 'dumb tuner' m3u8 from NPVR but that seemed to give me occasional problems with NPVR. If the VLC playlist continues to work that should solve my problems. Thanks for your reply.

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:12 pm

JD40 wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 11:52 am
I think I meet all the criteria you mentioned. I may have found a way around the problem. I created a m3u playlist using VLC and plugged that into a m3u tuner in Emby. Seems to load and work just fine. I was using another workaround by creating a 'dumb tuner' m3u8 from NPVR but that seemed to give me occasional problems with NPVR. If the VLC playlist continues to work that should solve my problems. Thanks for your reply.
Why not skip using NPVR all together and just use Emby's DVR? Make sure you have proper guide data if you do do this.