SageTV instructions?

Help and support with third-party TV software.
Windows Media Center, J River Media Center, Next PVR, MythTV, InstaTV, etc.
EddieP

Re: SageTV instructions?

Post by EddieP » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:00 pm

RonBoyd wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:53 pm
Yeah. I think I will try the OPENDTC option. That SageTV does not skip to the next open tuner seems consistent with, in retrospect, I see happening. This may be a few days before I can get to it.
https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showth ... ostcount=6

cubdukat

Post by cubdukat » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:29 am

I've been using an older OTA tuner with SageTV, The HDHomerun DUAL (HDHR-3US, I think). Lately, I have had (and am currently having) a problem where after rescanning for new channels yesterday, I am getting errors in SageTV where it says that it can't tune. I tried rescanning from within Sage itself, but now it can't even see the tuners. The Homerun app does, though.

I looked under the "BDA Compatibility Mode" drop-down for SageTV, but there was nothing of the kind there. What should I be choosing instead, and what sort of diagnostic logs are necessary to figure out what's going on? Or is this something that's happening because my hardware's so far out of date that I need to upgrade? I was considering the Quatro, but only if it's necessary (and unless the new Prime CableCard unit shows up at a similar price).

EddieP

Post by EddieP » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:17 am

I had the same problem this morning on my SageTV ... they did a repack in my area .. I was able to fix this by doing a rescan in all my tuners via the web page... not sure about the old tuners though.

jasonl
Silicondust

Post by jasonl » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:09 am

Use the J River compatibility mode.

Make sure you rescan in both the HDHomeRun software and SageTV. If all else fails, delete the tuner entirely from Sage TV and set it up again from scratch.