Vero4K+OSMC+Kodi17.6+HDHR5-2DT+HDHomeRun Client 2.4.7

Help and support with third-party TV software.
Windows Media Center, J River Media Center, Next PVR, MythTV, InstaTV, etc.
OSMC+HDHR5-2DT

Vero4K+OSMC+Kodi17.6+HDHR5-2DT+HDHomeRun Client 2.4.7

Post by OSMC+HDHR5-2DT » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:38 am

Hi

I have just received my HDHR5-2DT, and I would like to integrate it with my Kodi and NAS to allow for Timeshifting / Scheduled Recordings via EPG.

I am very pleased that I have been able to install and run the PVR HDHomeRun Client add on (2.4.7 by Zoltan C), now I am now looking to configure and I was wondering if someone to provide a path to the configuration files I need to edit. I am totally expecting get use SSH nano to edit a config file somewhere.

Is there a guide anywhere? I'm trying to;

- Set recording location on NAS (already connected to Kodi via NFS)
- Set a recording location / maximum file size for Timeshifting
- Define a URL for EPG file (epg.xml)
- Set behaviour of remote keys. Currently my remove up / down button skip channel rather than time.

Would someone be able to point me in the right direction please.

Current Config if anyone is interested:

Hardware; Vero4K+ running OSMC
OSMC version: Dec 31 2018
Kodi version: 17.6
Transmission: Freeview New Zealand over DVT-B with (limited) EPG
HDHomeRun Hardware Model: HDHR5-2DT
Device ID: 12415CA9
Firmware: 20180817.

Cheers, Geoff.

jasonl
Silicondust

Re: Vero4K+OSMC+Kodi17.6+HDHR5-2DT+HDHomeRun Client 2.4.7

Post by jasonl » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:56 am

You need to install the DVR software on the NAS directly. Install packages for WD, QNAP, Synology, and Asustor are available in the Downloads section at viewforum.php?f=126 . Instructions for installing manually are also in there in the NAS Setup - Manual Install (Advanced) thread. The record location is set through the config file.

Timeshifting is always in a Live TV directory within the recording directory. The size cannot be adjusted; it will always buffer the current program, and if you're pause, will keep that show and any future shows in the buffer, removing them as you get past the end of the timeslot.

EPG data comes from our server, you do not supply XMLTV data.

The Zoltan add-on does not support DVR, it is live TV only. You would need to use djp952's addon to access the HDHomeRun DVR via the Kodi PVR system. viewtopic.php?f=88&t=71135

OSMC+HDHR5-2DT

Post by OSMC+HDHR5-2DT » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:15 am

thanks, I've installed NAS software (with web server and PHP) ... do you know how I configure ?

The PVR app in my (Synology NAS) doesn't permit configuration and there is no page under http://[NASIP]/MyHdhome.

have I missed a trick?

cheers, Geoff.

jasonl
Silicondust

Post by jasonl » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:12 pm

Have you subscribed to the DVR service yet? Once you're subscribed and linked your device to your account, you should see it available through the HDHomeRun app.