WMC not finding HDHomeRun Prime

Help and support with third-party TV software.
Windows Media Center, J River Media Center, Next PVR, MythTV, InstaTV, etc.
Fudsey

WMC not finding HDHomeRun Prime

Post by Fudsey » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:13 pm

I needed to install a new router and now I am having issues with WMC not finding my tuner. I had no issues before switching routers and have spent a couple hours on the phone with tech support only for them to tell me it's not their equipment causing the error.

HDHomeRun setup finds the tuners no problem. HDHomeRun software works as well as NextPVR but no tuners available in WMC. The guide options in the others are terrible compared to WMC and would like to continue to use WMC.

I have tried disabling/enabling media filtering, firewalls, upnp, antivirus, port forwarding, DMZ and network discovery all with no luck. I have uninstalled HDHomeRun multiple times and tried using older and newer versions of it.

I am not sure where to go beyond this point. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Fudsey

Re: WMC not finding HDHomeRun Prime

Post by Fudsey » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:45 pm

Update for anyone having this issue:

I tried installing ver. 20150826, 20180817, and 20190221 and none of these worked. On a whim I decided to try one more ver. 20170815 and somehow this did the trick. WMC found the HDHomeRun Prime instantly and installed as usual.

mjlaris

Post by mjlaris » Wed May 22, 2019 4:14 am

Are the versions you reference driver versions for hdhomerun? Where did you download these versions? I'm having the same problem you described. Thanks

Fudsey

Post by Fudsey » Wed May 22, 2019 5:55 am

I have them saved from previous downloads for just this problem. If you can't find it let me know and I'll email it to you

mjlaris

Post by mjlaris » Wed May 22, 2019 11:01 am

Thanks, I've been trying to get this to work for a long time. I figured it was the driver but I couldn't fine them to download. I'd be very grateful if you'd email them to me. My email is mjlaris@gmail.com. Thanks

Fudsey

Post by Fudsey » Wed May 22, 2019 1:13 pm

I zipped all my previous versions and uploaded them to my dropbox. I will email you the link. The file is 354 MB and contains 5 previous versions ;)