WBTV Data missing on Channels DVR

Help and support with third-party TV software.
Windows Media Center, J River Media Center, Next PVR, MythTV, InstaTV, etc.
historyvids
Device ID: 107407BA (Quatro) 132812AE (Prime)

WBTV Data missing on Channels DVR

Postby historyvids » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:10 pm

I've been using the "Channels" app with great results so far and no guide issues until tonight when I setup the Channels DVR service. It asked me to enter my zip code and download the guide data so I did. Now when I go into the channels app or DVR web interface WBTV 3.1 Charlotte has no guide data available, but all my other channels do. It had guide data before activating the DVR service. WBTV's subchannels 3.2 (Bounce) and 3.3 (Grit) do have guide data on the Channels DVR though which makes it even stranger. Their site indicates that they rely on the same data as the HDHomeRun DVR service does, so I don't understand why the difference? Strange..

My zip code is 29702. Device ID is 107407BA

historyvids
Device ID: 107407BA (Quatro) 132812AE (Prime)

Re: WBTV Data missing on Channels DVR

Postby historyvids » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:18 pm

EDIT: I went in and added a Charlotte zip code along with my local zip code and chose "Over the Air" for it as well in the Channels DVR setup. When I clicked the "X" this second zip code disappeared, but apparently somehow completing that step made it find the data for 3.1 so now I am good to go I think unless it goes away.

jasonl
Silicondust

Re: WBTV Data missing on Channels DVR

Postby jasonl » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:51 pm

Although we both get data from Gracenote, Channels just uses the zip code based lineups from Gracenote as-is, while we have a much more complex system in place that matches broadcasts to the correct listings without ever knowing your zip code. This can be quite useful as the zip code coverage Gracenote has is far from perfect, especially on the fringes of a market. Any issues with the data Channels provides should be reported to them so they can get it corrected; we can only correct the data we provide.

Topic moved to the third-party software forum.

Return to “Third Party Software”