tune 'n view delisted from play store

Help and support with third-party TV software.
Windows Media Center, J River Media Center, Next PVR, MythTV, InstaTV, etc.
speakxj7

tune 'n view delisted from play store

Postby speakxj7 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:28 pm

the silicondust site still refers users to use tune 'n view for the old google tv's. i had to factory reset a gtv in a spare room, which was otherwise still trucking as a receiver STB. can't get the software on play store anymore it seems so now i'm stuck...

before i throw new hardware at this problem (it was still acceptable for the rare tuner-only duty), anyone have a mirror of this free app? should be possible to extract it with adb from a working device.

rmalbers

Re: tune 'n view delisted from play store

Postby rmalbers » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:59 pm

I don't have a copy of the app but I'm beginning to think it might not do any good because: Today I uploaded/updated to the latest SD software and tune n view takes FOREVER to start to play live tv. So far I'm still trying to figure it out but I have a feeling that something in the latest SD software is screwing up this old tune n play program. I didn't see anything in the SD logs yet so I'm not sure what's going on. Anyway, if it's going to work like what I'm seeing I guess I'll be buying another Fire TV for the kitchen Sony Google TV. Did you try to download it from: https://apkpure.com/tune-n-view/net.madasonsoft.tnv EDIT: I wanted to update this, tune n play is back to working fine for me, the problem was another issue that (is a long story) happened at around the same time.
Last edited by rmalbers on Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

speakxj7

Re: tune 'n view delisted from play store

Postby speakxj7 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:48 pm

The legit or semi legit mirrors don't have it (download is not found on apkpure), and the sketchy ones just have malware with a similar file name.

It was never especially fast on gtv for me, but competed fairly against the the terrible 'digital adapter' stb's you could get from Comcast and the like for old tvs.

Return to “Third Party Software”