No tuners WMC reboot fixes - for a short while...

Help and support with third-party TV software.
Windows Media Center, J River Media Center, Next PVR, MythTV, InstaTV, etc.
tommyinajar

No tuners WMC reboot fixes - for a short while...

Postby tommyinajar » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:15 pm

I'm posting a question about HDhomerun Cable card tuners,and an OTA connect.

After a new install it seems to work perfectly, but after a few months, WMC keeps losing all tuners, no tuners available- and only a reboot of everything, router,box,PC seems to fix it temporary- that's why I went from win7 to win8.1-same issue. All the tuners still show up in the HDHomerun app. A image restore to an earlier time fixes it for a while, but then I lose my newly recorded DRM shows.

I don't think it's the 47-hour glitch. A reboot of pc doesn't fix it alone, plus tuners a gone OTA included.
Also it often tells me the "No signal" for a second or 2, but signal is at 100% when ever I check it.

jasonl
Silicondust

Re: No tuners WMC reboot fixes - for a short while...

Postby jasonl » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:17 pm

Losing CableCARD tuners can happen for a variety of reasons, most of which stem from WMC having no concept of fault tolerance. Losing OTA tuners is a lot tougher, because that goes through a different codepath that is a lot less error-prone. You'd have to pretty much lose the receiver service itself for OTA tuners to disappear. You may want to check both the Application and WMC event logs to see if there is an indication of what happened. Most instances of the receiver service not working at all are either the record location being inaccessible or the database getting corrupted.

Return to “Third Party Software”