3rd party software/chromecast/discount code

Help and support with third-party TV software.
Windows Media Center, J River Media Center, Next PVR, MythTV, InstaTV, etc.
fletcherbravo

3rd party software/chromecast/discount code

Postby fletcherbravo » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:57 am

Just purchased my Homerun and was wondering if there any discount codes for the DVR software?

Alternatively is there any 3rdparty software you can use to record or do you have to have to have the subscription.

Thirdly, are there any chromecast compatible apps available

gtb
Expert

Re: 3rd party software/chromecast/discount code

Postby gtb » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:50 am

Just purchased my Homerun and was wondering if there any discount codes for the DVR software?
Not at this time. I think a few people have conjectured that at some point some sort of either a (say) 7 day license and/or a discount code in the box for new devices (so one would get a 7 day trial once for each new device id once, and used devices would not get the trial?)
Alternatively is there any 3rdparty software you can use to record or do you have to have to have the subscription.
Numerous ones, depending on your preferred device and OS selection. There is the classic WMC for some use cases, if you are using Android TV, there is Live Channels (and their network tuners) work, there is Plex, there is Channels, there is MythTV, there is InstaTV, there is tvheadend, and the list goes on. Some are "free", some have a price. Browse through this section for examples. If you specify your preferred device(s) and OS more targeted recommendations could be made.

Return to “Third Party Software”