Jetstream 4K Ultra

Help and support with third-party TV software.
Windows Media Center, J River Media Center, Next PVR, MythTV, InstaTV, etc.
sspell

Re: Jetstream 4K Ultra

Postby sspell » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:50 am

I'm using a harmony 650 and the menus seem very responsive. Your range on that remote may be a factor or batteries?

leerandall

Postby leerandall » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:27 pm

New batteries in the remote and I'm sitting right in front of the box.

leerandall

Postby leerandall » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:57 pm

Interesting. I loaded Live Channels on my Jetstream, and all arrow movements within LC are responsive and fluid. It appears to only be an issue in the HDHR app itself. It even takes about 2 to 3 seconds for the channel slices menu to pop out from the time I push either the up or down button on the remote. I guess I'll use Live Channels on this box then. Must avoid aggravating the wife.

Neptunetides1983

Postby Neptunetides1983 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:23 pm

Interesting. I loaded Live Channels on my Jetstream, and all arrow movements within LC are responsive and fluid. It appears to only be an issue in the HDHR app itself. It even takes about 2 to 3 seconds for the channel slices menu to pop out from the time I push either the up or down button on the remote. I guess I'll use Live Channels on this box then. Must avoid aggravating the wife.
You might try uninstalling/reinstalling the HDHomerun app. I don't have any issues on Jetstream with that app.

I did notice some weird issues with several apps after installing ES File Explorer, and side loading a few other apps.
I needed to factory reset. I used a different app to side load and I've had no more issues. ES File explorer is seriously Bloated, and was using memory when not being used, slowing down other apps.

leerandall

Postby leerandall » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:28 pm

I banished ES File Explorer a long time ago from all my Android boxes. I installed no apps other than HDHR and Live Channels on this Jetstream. I'll try uninstalling/reinstalling HDHR and see if that changes anything. Thanks for the idea.

jseymour

Postby jseymour » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:06 pm

I banished ES File Explorer a long time ago from all my Android boxes.
Yeah, ES File Explorer turned to garbage... a couple of years ago? Maybe three? Even on my phone and tablet, when I was still using Android, I got in the habit of install, use, remove.

wtg

Postby wtg » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:39 am

Yea CEC is buggy I have noticed some things work others don't.
I'm really surprised how well CEC *does* work actually. Using the TV remote exclusively to turn on both the TV and Jetstream and it starts right up in the app tuned to the last station it was viewing... gives the appearance of the TV using it's built-in tuner. Channel changing is laggy in the HDHomeRun app but works... even better and no lag in Live Channels though and I prefer it's grid guide anyway. Simply using the TV remote definitely improves the WAF. Only tried the Jetstream with one TV but it's working great so far.

Oarneb

Postby Oarneb » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:07 am

received my jetstream yesterday

no Prime Video :(
Will try and side load it over the weekend. If it does side load this is a really good box and cheaper than a shield
Please post back version that you find works best for you. I have tried several, but just can't get one working flawlessly. There are occasional audio drop outs, that might not be noticible if I wasn't paying attention. This was when using the same version that is currently in the Shield, I had better luck with the previous one in Shield , (4.8.69 googleplay arm v7a).

Other than access to some Gaming apps, and lack of Prime app, this is my absolute fav second unit, behind Shield.
I think it is aptoid is what I used and searched for prime android tv

boukmandutty

Postby boukmandutty » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:22 pm

Just an update. I found a full set of IR remote codes for the jeststream 4k box. Configure your harmony remote for the Telcom TVB-100. All credit to u/zonly1.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AndroidTV/comm ... ny_remote/

Return to “Third Party Software”