HDHR-DVRUI - A PHP/Web Interface to your HDHR DVR Setup

Help and support with third-party TV software.
Windows Media Center, J River Media Center, Next PVR, MythTV, InstaTV, etc.
Post Reply
Ken.F
Posts: 2163
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:20 am
Device ID: 1041A706, 1043EB32, 104BAD9E, 13168DC5, 1322A7AC
Location: West Rockhill, PA

Re: HDHR-DVRUI - A PHP/Web Interface to your HDHR DVR Setup

Post by Ken.F » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:03 am

demonrik wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:35 pm
Also trying to provide option of tiles vs list to restore what people like prior to 0.6.0.
Yay! :D

grumpygramp
Posts: 240
Joined: Sun May 03, 2015 2:42 pm

Re: HDHR-DVRUI - A PHP/Web Interface to your HDHR DVR Setup

Post by grumpygramp » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:19 pm

None of my installed versions (0.5.14, 0.6.5. 0.8.0) are working on my Synology NAS. The screens come up but with no info.
But the install of 0.5.14 on my one disc My Coud NAS works fine.

System diagnostics shows one error:
Unable to open connection to api.hdhomerun.com Failed with error 110 - Connection timed out

Code: Select all

---------- CONNECTIVITY CHECKS --------------------------------------------------
DVRUI_apiurl = http://api.hdhomerun.com/
Discover URL = http://api.hdhomerun.com/discover
Unable to open connection to api.hdhomerun.com  Failed with error 110 -  Connection timed out
curl extension = not available 
checking alternative connection 
stream returned =
How can I fix this or is this just a temporary problem?

jbahlman@gmail.com
Posts: 147
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:00 am
Device ID: 13263ED4 13267ED9

Re: HDHR-DVRUI - A PHP/Web Interface to your HDHR DVR Setup

Post by jbahlman@gmail.com » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:28 am

demonrik wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:35 pm
jbahlman@gmail.com wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:11 am
Is there anyway to adjust the size of the text for the upcoming recordings and recordings or the box that they are in? I need to be able to see the full date and time. I was able to see this in the old version that i had installed, but i just downloaded this new version and can no longer see it. I tried using Ctrl -, but the same text is cut off.

BTW that is in Chrome on Windows 10.

I tried on my android phone and it shows all the text.
Firefox, EDGE and IE all show a much bigger box that shows all the text.
For some reason Chrome doesn't expand the box to show all the text. The text is the same size as the other browsers.
Currently there is no way to adjust other than going into the CSS files and adjusting yourself.
Am working on making it easier for the next release..
Current version in github (not released) is a bit better and separates all the font sizes into a single default/theme/fonts.less for you to edit. Goal is to add a setting to allow you to set the base size of the font, and then scaling factors for the various parts..
Also trying to provide option of tiles vs list to restore what people like prior to 0.6.0.
I was trying to change the font sizes in the css files, but couldn't see any effect. Do i need to restart the webserver for it to take effect?
For whatever reason, now it is showing bigger like the other browsers. I will welcome the options in the future.

Thanks for all the work.

demonrik
Posts: 1141
Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 10:03 am
Device ID: 10736454, 1073A35A, 1075C377

Re: HDHR-DVRUI - A PHP/Web Interface to your HDHR DVR Setup

Post by demonrik » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:22 am

grumpygramp wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:19 pm
None of my installed versions (0.5.14, 0.6.5. 0.8.0) are working on my Synology NAS. The screens come up but with no info.
But the install of 0.5.14 on my one disc My Coud NAS works fine.

System diagnostics shows one error:
Unable to open connection to api.hdhomerun.com Failed with error 110 - Connection timed out

Code: Select all

---------- CONNECTIVITY CHECKS --------------------------------------------------
DVRUI_apiurl = http://api.hdhomerun.com/
Discover URL = http://api.hdhomerun.com/discover
Unable to open connection to api.hdhomerun.com  Failed with error 110 -  Connection timed out
curl extension = not available 
checking alternative connection 
stream returned =
How can I fix this or is this just a temporary problem?
Something is blocking ability to open the URL - hence everything stops.
Check internet connection from NAS to the api.hdhomerun.com
jbahlman@gmail.com wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:28 am
I was trying to change the font sizes in the css files, but couldn't see any effect. Do i need to restart the webserver for it to take effect?
For whatever reason, now it is showing bigger like the other browsers. I will welcome the options in the future.

Thanks for all the work.
It's basically a cache thing on your browser. Not every time you load does it load the new CSS and instead uses the old one until it's forced, or a timeout requests. You can force a reload in most browsers - usually CTRL+SHIFT+R or CTRL+F5 depending on browser.. For Mac - change CTRL for Command.. and Safari hard reload is option+command+E

grumpygramp
Posts: 240
Joined: Sun May 03, 2015 2:42 pm

Re: HDHR-DVRUI - A PHP/Web Interface to your HDHR DVR Setup

Post by grumpygramp » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:00 am

demonrik wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:22 am
grumpygramp wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:19 pm
None of my installed versions (0.5.14, 0.6.5. 0.8.0) are working on my Synology NAS. The screens come up but with no info.
But the install of 0.5.14 on my one disc My Coud NAS works fine.

System diagnostics shows one error:
Unable to open connection to api.hdhomerun.com Failed with error 110 - Connection timed out

Code: Select all

---------- CONNECTIVITY CHECKS --------------------------------------------------
DVRUI_apiurl = http://api.hdhomerun.com/
Discover URL = http://api.hdhomerun.com/discover
Unable to open connection to api.hdhomerun.com  Failed with error 110 -  Connection timed out
curl extension = not available 
checking alternative connection 
stream returned =
How can I fix this or is this just a temporary problem?
Something is blocking ability to open the URL - hence everything stops.
Check internet connection from NAS to the api.hdhomerun.com

How do you check the internet connection from NAS to the api.hdhomerun.com ? Sorry for asking such a basic question but I just started using the NAS.

I haven't changed any settings on the NAS since it worked the last time I used the GUI but maybe the NAS auto updated something.

demonrik
Posts: 1141
Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 10:03 am
Device ID: 10736454, 1073A35A, 1075C377

Re: HDHR-DVRUI - A PHP/Web Interface to your HDHR DVR Setup

Post by demonrik » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:44 pm

grumpygramp wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:00 am
demonrik wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:22 am
grumpygramp wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:19 pm
None of my installed versions (0.5.14, 0.6.5. 0.8.0) are working on my Synology NAS. The screens come up but with no info.
But the install of 0.5.14 on my one disc My Coud NAS works fine.

System diagnostics shows one error:
Unable to open connection to api.hdhomerun.com Failed with error 110 - Connection timed out

Code: Select all

---------- CONNECTIVITY CHECKS --------------------------------------------------
DVRUI_apiurl = http://api.hdhomerun.com/
Discover URL = http://api.hdhomerun.com/discover
Unable to open connection to api.hdhomerun.com  Failed with error 110 -  Connection timed out
curl extension = not available 
checking alternative connection 
stream returned =
How can I fix this or is this just a temporary problem?
Something is blocking ability to open the URL - hence everything stops.
Check internet connection from NAS to the api.hdhomerun.com

How do you check the internet connection from NAS to the api.hdhomerun.com ? Sorry for asking such a basic question but I just started using the NAS.

I haven't changed any settings on the NAS since it worked the last time I used the GUI but maybe the NAS auto updated something.
ssh to NAS
Ping Google or hdhomerun.com
Use wget to grab the discover url

grumpygramp
Posts: 240
Joined: Sun May 03, 2015 2:42 pm

Re: HDHR-DVRUI - A PHP/Web Interface to your HDHR DVR Setup

Post by grumpygramp » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:32 pm

demonrik wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:44 pm

ssh to NAS
Ping Google or hdhomerun.com
Use wget to grab the discover url
Tried the ping command and got:
ping: socket: Operation not permitted

Tried the wget command and got:
Image


Anything else I should try? I'm not very familiar with Linux.
Thanks for taking the time to help.

demonrik
Posts: 1141
Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 10:03 am
Device ID: 10736454, 1073A35A, 1075C377

Re: HDHR-DVRUI - A PHP/Web Interface to your HDHR DVR Setup

Post by demonrik » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:45 pm

grumpygramp wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:32 pm
demonrik wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:44 pm

ssh to NAS
Ping Google or hdhomerun.com
Use wget to grab the discover url
Tried the ping command and got:
ping: socket: Operation not permitted

Tried the wget command and got:
Image


Anything else I should try? I'm not very familiar with Linux.
Thanks for taking the time to help.
oh - synology..
you need to run those commands with sudo
i.e.
sudo ping www.google.com

demonrik
Posts: 1141
Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 10:03 am
Device ID: 10736454, 1073A35A, 1075C377

Re: HDHR-DVRUI - A PHP/Web Interface to your HDHR DVR Setup

Post by demonrik » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:57 pm

demonrik wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:45 pm
Anything else I should try? I'm not very familiar with Linux.
Thanks for taking the time to help.
oh - synology..
you need to run those commands with sudo
i.e.
sudo ping www.google.com
[/quote]

Meant to add..
From the wget it appears to be timing out which is worrying.
Might need to check that DNS is working.
sudo nslookup api.hdhomerun.com
sudo nslookup www.google.com
should return public IP of the server.
If that doesn't produce anything... check /etc/resolv.conf to see if there are any nameserver entries
sudo cat /etc/resolv.conf
And just for completeness - good idea to ping a none IP address such as Googles DNS Server 8.8.8.8
sudo ping 8.8.8.8

Am betting something here isn't setup right. Either not getting a valid DNS server setting, or being blocked from internet, etc.

grumpygramp
Posts: 240
Joined: Sun May 03, 2015 2:42 pm

Re: HDHR-DVRUI - A PHP/Web Interface to your HDHR DVR Setup

Post by grumpygramp » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:39 pm

I had to leave the NAS and the HDHR-DVRUI alone for a while. Trying to get it work was driving me crazy. I even reset my NAS to factory settings and reinstalled the DMS and it still didn't work.

Well I finally fixed it today. Somehow the NAS got blocked in the settings on my FIOS router; I feel like such a dumb-ass.

Thanks for all your help demonrik and for your patience. Love the HDHR-DVRUI; thanks for making it!

demonrik
Posts: 1141
Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 10:03 am
Device ID: 10736454, 1073A35A, 1075C377

Re: HDHR-DVRUI - A PHP/Web Interface to your HDHR DVR Setup

Post by demonrik » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:15 am

grumpygramp wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:39 pm
I had to leave the NAS and the HDHR-DVRUI alone for a while. Trying to get it work was driving me crazy. I even reset my NAS to factory settings and reinstalled the DMS and it still didn't work.

Well I finally fixed it today. Somehow the NAS got blocked in the settings on my FIOS router; I feel like such a dumb-ass.

Thanks for all your help demonrik and for your patience. Love the HDHR-DVRUI; thanks for making it!
no worries - it happens.
Glad you resolved it :)

breezytm
Posts: 319
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:45 pm

Re: HDHR-DVRUI - A PHP/Web Interface to your HDHR DVR Setup

Post by breezytm » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:25 pm

Hello. I skimmed through this but didn't find anything but are there any instructions on how to install and run this on linux?

Online
signcarver
Expert
Posts: 8524
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:04 am
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Re: HDHR-DVRUI - A PHP/Web Interface to your HDHR DVR Setup

Post by signcarver » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:05 pm

it is essentially a collection of web pages/files that go in a folder on your web server (typically such a server would already support php)... easiest way would be to download the zip (either from "clone" or the zip from the release binaries in the readme further down the page) and put the app folder in a folder where your webserver (typically apache) can read from. If you put it in the webservers "root" folder typically it would be accessed by http://<ip-of-server>/app ( or even http:/<name-of-server>/app ) if you kept the name of the app folder if you put it into other httpd accessible folders it would depend on how such access is configured

Wangbo59
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:03 pm

Re: HDHR-DVRUI - A PHP/Web Interface to your HDHR DVR Setup

Post by Wangbo59 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:22 pm

Was wondering if there is a guide avalaible for using for instructions. Reason asking in the rules section no explanation is available through popup or anything else as to what the up and down arrows etc. mean or what they do also is it possible to get this added to the QNAP store so can keep updated without tripping QNAP's Security checks plus this works great and prefer it to Channels DVR and definitely better than HDHomeruns provided DVR setup for QNAP (also not in the App Store either) I got lucky to find this with being in QNAP store would increase the user base as many have no idea this exists.

demonrik
Posts: 1141
Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 10:03 am
Device ID: 10736454, 1073A35A, 1075C377

Re: HDHR-DVRUI - A PHP/Web Interface to your HDHR DVR Setup

Post by demonrik » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:32 pm

Wangbo59 wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:22 pm
Was wondering if there is a guide avalaible for using for instructions. Reason asking in the rules section no explanation is available through popup or anything else as to what the up and down arrows etc. mean or what they do
No guide unfortunately.. But good point to add more tips into the app to indicate use
The arrows are for adjusting the rule priorities
The very first rule (0) takes priority over all rules in case of conflicts.
So you can use these arrows to adjust the priorities
also is it possible to get this added to the QNAP store so can keep updated without tripping QNAP's Security checks plus this works great and prefer it to Channels DVR and definitely better than HDHomeruns provided DVR setup for QNAP (also not in the App Store either) I got lucky to find this with being in QNAP store would increase the user base as many have no idea this exists.
Adding to the store requires a few steps that am unwilling to invest in right now. Same for the qpkg.

Post Reply