HDHR-DVRUI - A PHP/Web Interface to your HDHR DVR Setup

Help and support with third-party TV software.
Windows Media Center, J River Media Center, Next PVR, MythTV, InstaTV, etc.
Paturn1

Re: HDHR-DVRUI - A PHP/Web Interface to your HDHR DVR Setup

Postby Paturn1 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:12 pm

Can this be installed on a gen 2 MyCloud mirror without too much effort? I know it supports PHP out of the box. Would it take much more effort than dumping in the source files into a share?

techpro2004

Postby techpro2004 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:09 pm

Thank you for continuing development. There are a few errors that I have noticed.

1. Rules tab gives the following error "Error invalid status: +: status: 500"

2. upcoming tab shows "alfred hitchcock presents" for every recording when I do not record this program

3. recordings tab also shows alfred hitchcock for many (not all) of my recordings

4. many of my recordings do not have pictures and series tab does not show names.

I am hosting it on bitnami wamp which worked perfectly for the earlier version.

thanks

demonrik

Postby demonrik » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:42 pm

Can this be installed on a gen 2 MyCloud mirror without too much effort? I know it supports PHP out of the box. Would it take much more effort than dumping in the source files into a share?
just need to put sources in the right htmldocs folder for the webserver.
i dont have one so cant advise

demonrik

Postby demonrik » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:52 pm

Thank you for continuing development. There are a few errors that I have noticed.

1. Rules tab gives the following error "Error invalid status: +: status: 500"

2. upcoming tab shows "alfred hitchcock presents" for every recording when I do not record this program

3. recordings tab also shows alfred hitchcock for many (not all) of my recordings
I suspect this is all related..
Can you check http://api.hdhomerun.com/api/recording_ ... Auth=<auth code> and you can find your <auth code> in the settings/diagnostics page at the bottom?

I just wonder if we have a rogue rule being reported.. if not - good to rule it out.
Otherwise this is going to be tricky to debug.
4. many of my recordings do not have pictures and series tab does not show names.
Are they old recordings?
Series Tab gets a list of the series from your record engine. If the record engine isn't finding them. then it can't list them..
again, go to the diagnostics screen and scroll down to get your 'StorageURL'
should be something like : http://192.168.0.191:59090/recorded_files.json
and append '?DisplayGroupID=root' to make a single URL similar to
http://192.168.0.191:59090/recorded_fil ... oupID=root
I am hosting it on bitnami wamp which worked perfectly for the earlier version.
The basic code hasn't changed except for upcoming shows.
So suspect something else is going wrong here, or the change is showing the issues clearer. Lets see what above yields.

demonrik

Postby demonrik » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:05 pm

Awesome! That worked for the earlier version of xampp.

I then downloaded the newest version again to test it there and it gives a bunch of different errors.

I couldn't copy the text but here is a screenshot link:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nl3Kv ... QTcz05IjCv
hmm.. I don't see it here.
I will install xampp over weekend and see if I can do something about it.
So I just rolled back to the earlier version of xammp and all is good with that one still.

I overall love the new look of the interface.

The only visual issue I see is the text in the headings for upcoming recordings list is grey inside a black box on the grey background ins't easy for me to see.

Example screenshot: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1irIay ... 8nopq4pGwn

Is there a css file in there I can change to manipulate that?

Otherwise I really like the dark theme!

Thanks for the time you put into this!
The CSS files are created from the less files in /theme/default
if you edit main.less you should search for .upcoming_datebreak and change the Color attribute
THen do a hard reload and should be good.
I will change it to something better in next version :)

nateb
Silicondust

Postby nateb » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:32 pm

I think I said it before, but great work on this. I haven't installed it yet, but I'll probably give it a try sometime soon. Looks really perfect for the power users out there who want some tight mouse control.

jasonmcroy

Postby jasonmcroy » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:20 pm

Awesome! That worked for the earlier version of xampp.

I then downloaded the newest version again to test it there and it gives a bunch of different errors.

I couldn't copy the text but here is a screenshot link:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nl3Kv ... QTcz05IjCv
hmm.. I don't see it here.
I will install xampp over weekend and see if I can do something about it.
So I just rolled back to the earlier version of xammp and all is good with that one still.

I overall love the new look of the interface.

The only visual issue I see is the text in the headings for upcoming recordings list is grey inside a black box on the grey background ins't easy for me to see.

Example screenshot: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1irIay ... 8nopq4pGwn

Is there a css file in there I can change to manipulate that?

Otherwise I really like the dark theme!

Thanks for the time you put into this!
The CSS files are created from the less files in /theme/default
if you edit main.less you should search for .upcoming_datebreak and change the Color attribute
THen do a hard reload and should be good.
I will change it to something better in next version :)
Awesome, thanks!

daurora

Postby daurora » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:19 am

This is great! Thanks for continuing the development of this project AND for adding the Synology NAS package.

techpro2004

Postby techpro2004 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:08 am

1-3. When I go to that page, It shows "null"

4. They are converted from other sources using mcebuddy which does not give a picture.

Thanks.

Paturn1

Postby Paturn1 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:25 am

First off, I am so excited someone has put forth the effort to do something like this, it's awesome! Something similar to this should be included directly from silicon dust. I for the life of me cannot figure out why the record engine supports advanced rules but the UI in the HDhomeRun app offers no way to access them Channels DVR includes a web interface similar to this out of the box.
For anyone interested this web interface seems to work fine installed directly on my WD gen 2 MyCloud Mirror. Just dumped the "app" folder from the source package into /ver/www using ftp. Of interest the most recent 3 versions causes nothing but errors, despite my having commented out line 4 in index.php as described a few posts ago. Version 0.5.12, however seems to work fine. I'm not sure what web server is on the MyCloud out of the box.
From my point of view the biggest utility of this web UI is to set timers and rules. I would say the most important area that deserves further attention is the search. Currently if you search for a show it does not seem to offer the ability to see individual episodes, this is problematic for scheduling sports. Beyond that it only shows each show on one channel despite the possibility that the show is on multiple channels. I'd like to set my rules to be channel specific this is hard to do currently, because I can only see one channel that that show is on. Also, I'd love to be able to edit the advanved rules from the rules page, this way I could set a recording on the HDhomeRun app and later change the rule to a specific channel for example.
I have such respect for someone to take on a project like this with no compensation other than personal satisfaction. This thing is really cool!

demonrik

Postby demonrik » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:41 pm

1-3. When I go to that page, It shows "null"
You haven't used the right authcode I suspect..
Sometimes there are special characters in the auth code which causes issues if you post into browser.. That could be the cause.
I suspect I need to add something to the diagnostics page to allow people to poke these URLs easily.

So while you wait for above..
Have you tried an older version of this app? If so, did it have same issue? or is it new?
4. They are converted from other sources using mcebuddy which does not give a picture.
This ONLY works for HDHomeRun stuff.
We get all the information from the record engine or the cloud.
If you have pushed data from external sources into the record engine then it's likely you are missing a ton of data that the record engine can't parse out and hand to us to process. This will always be a problem unless you match up the series ID, etc.. correctly.

demonrik

Postby demonrik » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:42 pm

I think I said it before, but great work on this. I haven't installed it yet, but I'll probably give it a try sometime soon. Looks really perfect for the power users out there who want some tight mouse control.
Thanks
You have said it before but appreciate the second nod ;)

demonrik

Postby demonrik » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:45 pm

Of interest the most recent 3 versions causes nothing but errors, despite my having commented out line 4 in index.php as described a few posts ago. Version 0.5.12, however seems to work fine.
Can you open the settings window (right most icon the toolbar) and then run the diagnostics
Just need the PHP version from the PHP info section

techpro2004

Postby techpro2004 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:25 pm

You are correct twice. I had the wrong auth code and I had rouge recording rules. However, the above issues remain except the upcoming tab now shows no recordings at all. Thanks

edit: I just checked and it is a new problem. Thanks.
Last edited by techpro2004 on Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

grumpygramp

Postby grumpygramp » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:26 pm

Can you run 2 versions at the same time on the same network? Ver .5.14 on a NAS and ver .6 on a Windows PC?
I'd like to try the new version without uninstalling the old version.

Return to “Third Party Software”