HDHR-DVRUI - A PHP/Web Interface to your HDHR DVR Setup

Help and support with third-party TV software.
Windows Media Center, J River Media Center, Next PVR, MythTV, InstaTV, etc.
Post Reply
signcarver
Expert
Posts: 8726
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:04 am
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Re: HDHR-DVRUI - A PHP/Web Interface to your HDHR DVR Setup

Post by signcarver » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:40 pm

That error suggests php-mbstring isn't installed. You may wish to list some specs of the server (such as nas model if that is your server)... it may be as simple as "apt-get install php-mbstring" to "fix" unless demonrik wishes to write another workaround/error catch (haven't looked to see what actually calls that function from outside dvrui_common.php which is why I assume that when an engine was turned off it doesn't encounter the error)

craigwillie
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:48 am

Re: HDHR-DVRUI - A PHP/Web Interface to your HDHR DVR Setup

Post by craigwillie » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:56 pm

signcarver wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:40 pm
That error suggests php-mbstring isn't installed. You may wish to list some specs of the server (such as nas model if that is your server)... it may be as simple as "apt-get install php-mbstring" to "fix" unless demonrik wishes to write another workaround/error catch (haven't looked to see what actually calls that function from outside dvrui_common.php which is why I assume that when an engine was turned off it doesn't encounter the error)
Installed php-mbstring and it resolved the issue. Thanks!

demonrik
Posts: 1189
Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 10:03 am
Device ID: 10736454, 1073A35A, 1075C377

Re: HDHR-DVRUI - A PHP/Web Interface to your HDHR DVR Setup

Post by demonrik » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:08 am

will look in to it..
Only place is used is re-reading the cache file... which is odd because it's not converted to UTF8 on writing.
Need to search why was done this way

jdog1999
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:20 pm

undefined function mb_convert_encoding in dvrui_common.php Windows 10

Post by jdog1999 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:15 pm

I was getting this error undefined function mb_convert_encoding in dvrui_common.php after installing Apache and PHP on my Windows 10 laptop and adding HDHR-DVRUI. I think part of the reason I was getting errors is I installed Apache and PHP under C:\Root and not C:\PHP.

Anyway, I was able to fix the error by uncommenting extension_dir and setting it equal to C:\Root\PHP\ext in the PHP.ini file. Not sure if I need to but I also uncommented extension=mbstring as well.

I wanted to post this in case anyone was having the same issue I was.

demonrik
Posts: 1189
Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 10:03 am
Device ID: 10736454, 1073A35A, 1075C377

Re: undefined function mb_convert_encoding in dvrui_common.php Windows 10

Post by demonrik » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:14 am

jdog1999 wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:15 pm
Not sure if I need to but I also uncommented extension=mbstring as well.
This is likely the real fix for you

handyd
Posts: 259
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:38 am
Device ID: 131092F3, 13122223, 13136631

Re: HDHR-DVRUI - A PHP/Web Interface to your HDHR DVR Setup

Post by handyd » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:25 am

Hello, Would you be able to check to see if the latest upgrade broke the record scheduling? I upgraded yesterday to the new record engine, but when I went to schedule a new recording, it didn't work. Everything worked, but when I hit save, it didn't schedule anything.

signcarver
Expert
Posts: 8726
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:04 am
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Re: HDHR-DVRUI - A PHP/Web Interface to your HDHR DVR Setup

Post by signcarver » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:48 am

Everything is working fine here... are you on the latest of this app? Did you try to force a reload of the page? Did you try and restart the Web Server? How did you determine scheduling wasn't working and what steps dis you take to make the rule?

Typically if you updated firmware and engines, they restart and as a result may have different setting (such as the port on the engine, the DeviceAuth of the tuners, and even the ip may change if devices restart)

handyd
Posts: 259
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:38 am
Device ID: 131092F3, 13122223, 13136631

Re: HDHR-DVRUI - A PHP/Web Interface to your HDHR DVR Setup

Post by handyd » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:35 am

Worked after the reboot.

Thanks

sixer
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:46 pm

Re: HDHR-DVRUI - A PHP/Web Interface to your HDHR DVR Setup

Post by sixer » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:32 am

Just some props to @demonrik for this awesome UI and keeping it going/updated!

Beerman
Posts: 1485
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 7:05 pm

Re: HDHR-DVRUI - A PHP/Web Interface to your HDHR DVR Setup

Post by Beerman » Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:08 pm

sixer wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:32 am
Just some props to @demonrik for this awesome UI and keeping it going/updated!
Absolutely! His hard work is definitely appreciated.

demonrik
Posts: 1189
Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 10:03 am
Device ID: 10736454, 1073A35A, 1075C377

Re: HDHR-DVRUI - A PHP/Web Interface to your HDHR DVR Setup

Post by demonrik » Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:51 pm

Beerman wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:08 pm
sixer wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:32 am
Just some props to @demonrik for this awesome UI and keeping it going/updated!
Absolutely! His hard work is definitely appreciated.
Thanks guys.
Busy right now - but aim to get back to it with some more tweaks soon.. really want to enhance the upcoming page a bit better

demonrik
Posts: 1189
Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 10:03 am
Device ID: 10736454, 1073A35A, 1075C377

Re: HDHR-DVRUI - A PHP/Web Interface to your HDHR DVR Setup

Post by demonrik » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:56 pm

Phase 1 of update to upcoming done and pushed to github - not released yet, but those pulling from git can get early access.

Previously was trying to HIDE what I thought the engine would not record.
This was causing issues and I realized you start to need complex algorithm to determine truly if engine will skip. It's possible - just don't want to maintain it.

So..
Have swapped to something simpler, but I believe is actually a lot more useful.
Instead of hiding episodes, I will decorate them in the upcoming tab.
Right now - you will see (in tile view only, not list view)
[D] - Duplicate episode information with something else already in upcoming.. You'll see this a lot on local news for example because it's all the same ID
[E] - you already have a recording of this file, so engine will skip it
[C] - yet to be implemented, but going to identify where you have multiple recordings at the same time

Next step, Phase 2, is to get the icons implemented as is above.
Then add another indicator for when you have conflict and exceed your available tuners.

I might then start to see if I can put something together on conflict resolution.. but that will come after I do 2 other features
- export/import rules to/from csv
- mass delete of recordings (by series first, then selectable)
No date on these though - but if anyone else wants to try and implement - always looking for some help ;)

demonrik
Posts: 1189
Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 10:03 am
Device ID: 10736454, 1073A35A, 1075C377

Re: HDHR-DVRUI - A PHP/Web Interface to your HDHR DVR Setup

Post by demonrik » Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:51 pm

New Release - 0.8.6b
QNAP ONLY
Available from https://github.com/demonrik/HDHR-DVRUI/ ... tag/0.8.6b

Fixes for this release
  • One off fix of the themes/default permissions to ensure CSS is writable by server
Note - source included in release link is NOT for this release.. Not managed to figure out how to stop github publishing it.

Beerman
Posts: 1485
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 7:05 pm

Re: HDHR-DVRUI - A PHP/Web Interface to your HDHR DVR Setup

Post by Beerman » Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:36 pm

demonrik wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:51 pm
New Release - 0.8.6b
QNAP ONLY
Available from https://github.com/demonrik/HDHR-DVRUI/ ... tag/0.8.6b

Fixes for this release
  • One off fix of the themes/default permissions to ensure CSS is writable by server
Note - source included in release link is NOT for this release.. Not managed to figure out how to stop github publishing it.
Thanks much but my install just gets stuck at 1%. File size is 850 kb.....I am just impatient?

EDIT: still at 1% but it did seem to install because the DVRUI is working! Not sure why QNAP is still showing the install stuck. Sorry for the panick and thanks for the fix!

demonrik
Posts: 1189
Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 10:03 am
Device ID: 10736454, 1073A35A, 1075C377

Re: HDHR-DVRUI - A PHP/Web Interface to your HDHR DVR Setup

Post by demonrik » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:32 pm

Beerman wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:36 pm
demonrik wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:51 pm
New Release - 0.8.6b
QNAP ONLY
Available from https://github.com/demonrik/HDHR-DVRUI/ ... tag/0.8.6b

Fixes for this release
  • One off fix of the themes/default permissions to ensure CSS is writable by server
Note - source included in release link is NOT for this release.. Not managed to figure out how to stop github publishing it.
Thanks much but my install just gets stuck at 1%. File size is 850 kb.....I am just impatient?

EDIT: still at 1% but it did seem to install because the DVRUI is working! Not sure why QNAP is still showing the install stuck. Sorry for the panick and thanks for the fix!
Hmmm.. Ill check it out.

Post Reply