HDHR-DVRUI - A PHP/Web Interface to your HDHR DVR Setup

Help and support with third-party TV software.
Windows Media Center, J River Media Center, Next PVR, MythTV, InstaTV, etc.
demonrik
Device ID: 10736454, 1073A35A, 1075C377

HDHR-DVRUI - A PHP/Web Interface to your HDHR DVR Setup

Post by demonrik » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:27 pm

(Re)Introducing the HDHR-DVRUI Web interface for all your DVR needs.

The good thing and the bad thing has been we haven't really been updating this project much.. Good because it would appear most are happy with how it works, but bad because it meant we lost the thread on the forums, and also bad because we couldn't get time to get to some of the things we wanted to add.
So after almost a year I'm back with an update. Unfortunately @avdp has moved on, will miss his contributions and enthusiasm, so just down to me for now. As always, if you like what you see but want to tweak something, let me know.. better yet - make the tweak and contribute it back ;)

Cutting to the chase.. For those who know the project - please go grab your fresh copy from the github releases https://github.com/demonrik/HDHR-DVRUI/releases

For everyone else, heres a quick overview (will add more later)

Required For Installing
you will need to have a working HTTP server and PHP installation. At this time it should work on most PHP installations, but the default for us is going to be PHP 7.0 so if you can that's a better start.
Note - you do not need to install HDHR-DVRUI on the same machine as the DVR engine - it can run anywhere as long as it's in your own network (I run it on a dedicated RPi)
Depending on our solution you can download the sources or one of the qnap or synology packages from the github releases page https://github.com/demonrik/HDHR-DVRUI/releases. If downloading source you will need to copy the apps subfolder to your web document folder on the machine running the HTTP Server.
That's it.. quite simple.

Usage
The HDHR-DVRUI consists of 5 main screens/pages to move between.
Series
Here you get an overview of all the series recorded by your engine, with overlays indicating
  • Number of Recordings
  • NUmber of upcoming episodes
  • Number of rules for this series
Recordings
The recordings page lists out all the recordings found on your recording engine(s).
Information is minimal at this time - the plan is to allow clicking to pull up a dialog with all the detailed information

Upcoming
Upcoming will show you which shows are coming up over the coming weeks.
Each date is show with the number of recordings estimated to occur on that day
Select the day to jump to the list of episodes that are going to be recorded on that day.
0.6 has been updated to remove duplicates which the engine would ignore anyway, and if you already have the recording on the disks.

Rules
Lists all the rules you have created which are stored by SD in the cloud
You can remove rules, and move them up or down in priority

Search
Provides a search capability on the guide. It's really simple, enter the keyword(s) you are looking for and the record engine will search the guide and present all the options to you. Here you will see if there is already a rule in existance

Settings
In addition to the main pages we also have the Settings Page providing you with the means to clear the cache which we create to speed up access (i.e. cache all the data from the DVR Servers. Also it lists all the Silicondusts detected on your network and some simple diagnostics to help us support you in case of an issue.

Advanced Rule
And finally one last feature worth speaking of.. In addition to the same rules you can do withe the View Application, the HDHR-DVRUI has an option to setup more complex rules through our Advanced Rules tool.
Here you can:
  • Limit the recordings to a single channel
  • record only at a specific time
  • record only if the episode is first time airing
  • Adjust the padding for the rule
Getting the Software
Software is pushed to a project in github https://github.com/demonrik/HDHR-DVRUI
Select the 'Releases' Tab to see all the releases. Check for the version you want and decide whether to download a NAS specific package (1 for QNAP, 1 for Synology) and/ors source code.
For the zip sources, find the location of the documents folder for your http server and copy/move the app subfolder to a folder you desire ensuring that the httpd user always has access.

-----------------
Source available on github - https://github.com/demonrik/HDHR-DVRUI
Releases can be found also on guthub https://github.com/demonrik/HDHR-DVRUI/releases

demonrik

Re: HDHR-DVRUI - A PHP/Web Interface to your HDHR DVR Setup

Post by demonrik » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:27 pm

Reserving for Change History

Version 0.6
- Overhauled the Pages to mirror the series page at the start
- New Logos added
- Added a Synology package
Last edited by demonrik on Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

demonrik

Post by demonrik » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:28 pm

Reserving for Mitigations/Notes/Misc

Ken.F
Device ID: 1041A706, 1043EB32, 104BAD9E, 13168DC5, 1322A7AC

Post by Ken.F » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:50 am

Thanks for the update. I like the look of the new dark skin.

It seems I need to click on the tiny little area just below the text labels on the top menu buttons to make them work. Is that intentional?

Is there any way to bring back the vertical list view for the Upcoming and Rules section?

demonrik

Post by demonrik » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:32 am

Ken.F wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:50 am
Thanks for the update. I like the look of the new dark skin.

It seems I need to click on the tiny little area just below the text labels on the top menu buttons to make them work. Is that intentional?
Thanks

The tiny little area is a bug am working on for 0.6.1.
I thought I had it working in my dev window - but didn't work when I released it, so I must have missed something.
So still working on it and hope to resolve quickly.
Is there any way to bring back the vertical list view for the Upcoming and Rules section?
Will think on it.. It's set by the CSS of the page right now.. so would need to either properly implement the themes capability or add some code to page to allow different configurations. Will consider once I have a few other things done.

Just curious - what is it about the list view that you prefer?

Ken.F
Device ID: 1041A706, 1043EB32, 104BAD9E, 13168DC5, 1322A7AC

Post by Ken.F » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:18 am

demonrik wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:32 am
Just curious - what is it about the list view that you prefer?
It's just the way my brain is wired. I can read text much easier than I can recognize a title from a picture. When it was a list view the pictures were smaller and the text was bigger, and the titles were all in the same area of the screen. I could quickly scroll up/down the list and read the titles without having to move my focus all over the place.

jasonmcroy
Device ID: 1061D18E, 1070B743, 1076A10B

Post by jasonmcroy » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:20 am

Thanks for the update! I have been using this for months now on Windows 10.

The method I use to get Apache server and php is by downloading xammp - my experience with the earlier version of your software is that it will only work with xampp version 5.6.37 / PHP 5.6.37.

Do you know if this one will work with the newer version of xammp? The newer version are: 7.0.31 / PHP 7.0.31, 7.1.21 / PHP 7.1.21, 7.2.9 / PHP 7.2.9.

goofnroxx

Post by goofnroxx » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:45 am

Updated to the the new version, but the DVRUI logo is GIANT and covers the first four tiles on each page plus all the navigate links near the top when using Chrome. Firefox seems to be OK. Any idea what's going on here?

I'm also experiencing only a tiny area under the links at the top seem to be clickable.

Otherwise the update looks great!

Thanks!

Jeff

demonrik

Post by demonrik » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:01 am

Ken.F wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:18 am
It's just the way my brain is wired. I can read text much easier than I can recognize a title from a picture. When it was a list view the pictures were smaller and the text was bigger, and the titles were all in the same area of the screen. I could quickly scroll up/down the list and read the titles without having to move my focus all over the place.
No worries - I will definitely look into it as I think the text is too small too :)
I am going to rework the tiles more.. Was just a first pass.. I think the most important things to get in text are the Title, the Episode number and the start time.. And then relegate everything to a pop up dialog when in tile mode (or have a context sensitive info pane to the side)
And then if I enable list view again I can have all the content available without the dialog.
goofnroxx wrote: Updated to the the new version, but the DVRUI logo is GIANT and covers the first four tiles on each page plus all the navigate links near the top when using Chrome. Firefox seems to be OK. Any idea what's going on here?
Probably need to Hard reload (CTRL-SHIFT-R) the page on Chrome to force a load of the new style sheet.
I'm also experiencing only a tiny area under the links at the top seem to be clickable.
Hope to release a fix over the weekend
jasonmcroy wrote: Thanks for the update! I have been using this for months now on Windows 10.

The method I use to get Apache server and php is by downloading xammp - my experience with the earlier version of your software is that it will only work with xampp version 5.6.37 / PHP 5.6.37.

Do you know if this one will work with the newer version of xammp? The newer version are: 7.0.31 / PHP 7.0.31, 7.1.21 / PHP 7.1.21, 7.2.9 / PHP 7.2.9.
It should work with PHP 7 now - I test it on my Synology which is defaulted to PHP7
There may be little issues - if so please post and I will clear them up..
Once I see Qnap move to 7 I'll probably move to mandate 7.x and support older on case by case basis.

goofnroxx

Post by goofnroxx » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:17 am

demonrik wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:01 am

goofnroxx wrote: Updated to the the new version, but the DVRUI logo is GIANT and covers the first four tiles on each page plus all the navigate links near the top when using Chrome. Firefox seems to be OK. Any idea what's going on here?
Probably need to Hard reload (CTRL-SHIFT-R) the page on Chrome to force a load of the new style sheet.

That fixed it right up, and I learned a new trick, thanks!

Jeff

jasonmcroy

Post by jasonmcroy » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:04 pm

@demonrik - I am getting this error when trying to run the UI on the latest xampp install (version 7.29):

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function opcache_reset() in C:\xampp\htdocs\dvr\index.php:4 Stack trace: #0 {main} thrown in C:\xampp\htdocs\dvr\index.php on line 4

I am going to install the version prior to 7.29 to see if it is different and if not, the version prior to that. I am on Windows 10.

jasonmcroy

Post by jasonmcroy » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:23 pm

Update: None of the versions of xammp will currently work with the updated UI software. I tried with all the different versions, including the one that worked with the last version of the UI (.5).

I put the earlier version back in the htdocs folder to replace version .6 and it works fine with that earlier version.

I get the same error posted above on each attempt.

demonrik

Post by demonrik » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:48 pm

jasonmcroy wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:23 pm
Update: None of the versions of xammp will currently work with the updated UI software. I tried with all the different versions, including the one that worked with the last version of the UI (.5).

I put the earlier version back in the htdocs folder to replace version .6 and it works fine with that earlier version.

I get the same error posted above on each attempt.
ouch - that's my fault. I forgot to recomment a line
You can quickly fix by editing the index.php file

Code: Select all

<?php
	// UNCOMMENT FOR DEBUGGING
	opcache_reset();
/*
	ini_set("log_errors", 1);
	ini_set("error_log", "/tmp/php-dvrui.log");
	error_log( "======= Debug Log START =========" );
*/
	error_reporting(E_ALL & ~(E_DEPRECATED | E_STRICT));
	define('TINYAJAX_PATH', '.');
Just comment out the opcache_reset(); at the start, e.g.

Code: Select all

// UNCOMMENT FOR DEBUGGING
	//opcache_reset();
Save and reload and it should work.

jasonmcroy

Post by jasonmcroy » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:26 pm

Awesome! That worked for the earlier version of xampp.

I then downloaded the newest version again to test it there and it gives a bunch of different errors.

I couldn't copy the text but here is a screenshot link:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nl3Kv ... QTcz05IjCv

jasonmcroy

Post by jasonmcroy » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:39 pm

So I just rolled back to the earlier version of xammp and all is good with that one still.

I overall love the new look of the interface.

The only visual issue I see is the text in the headings for upcoming recordings list is grey inside a black box on the grey background ins't easy for me to see.

Example screenshot: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1irIay ... 8nopq4pGwn

Is there a css file in there I can change to manipulate that?

Otherwise I really like the dark theme!

Thanks for the time you put into this!