QUATRO using Plex, new streaming channels not seen

Help and support with third-party TV software.
Windows Media Center, J River Media Center, Next PVR, MythTV, InstaTV, etc.
jfgilliam

QUATRO using Plex, new streaming channels not seen

Postby jfgilliam » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:32 am

I updated the firmware on my Quatro and using the HDHR Windows App, I can see the new demo streaming channels and even play them. When I use Plex to create a DVR using this tuner, it only sees the OTA channels and not the demo channels. Plex is specifically scanning for Antenna channels. Would they have to change something to see them? Even so, would they know where to get the guide info and mix it with the locals?

gtb
Expert

Re: QUATRO using Plex, new streaming channels not seen

Postby gtb » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:14 pm

Would they have to change something to see them?
If you subscribe, I believe they will show up (they remove the demo flag). Until then they are hidden by default (which is absolutely the correct default, as they would otherwise confuse many). Plex could change their software to allow them to show up, but you would have to talk to them as to whether they think that is a good idea and/or something they will do.
Even so, would they know where to get the guide info and mix it with the locals?
Not yet (or at least not yet that I know of). SD is, as reported elsewhere, working to get scheduling information upstream. I have no idea regarding the expected availability so that Plex could get it.

Sammy2

Postby Sammy2 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:02 am

I updated the firmware on my Quatro and using the HDHR Windows App, I can see the new demo streaming channels and even play them. When I use Plex to create a DVR using this tuner, it only sees the OTA channels and not the demo channels. Plex is specifically scanning for Antenna channels. Would they have to change something to see them? Even so, would they know where to get the guide info and mix it with the locals?
Would they have to change something to see them?
If you subscribe, I believe they will show up (they remove the demo flag). Until then they are hidden by default (which is absolutely the correct default, as they would otherwise confuse many). Plex could change their software to allow them to show up, but you would have to talk to them as to whether they think that is a good idea and/or something they will do.
Even so, would they know where to get the guide info and mix it with the locals?
Not yet (or at least not yet that I know of). SD is, as reported elsewhere, working to get scheduling information upstream. I have no idea regarding the expected availability so that Plex could get it.
So this is it? I cannot verify it works in Plex until I shell out $35? Hmm.. Me no likey. It should still at least show the Demo Channel for me but you've confirmed it works? I'm comparing this line up with YoutubeTV and may do it but it seems to be missing the Fox Sports Channels I have in YoutubeTV on first glance.

gtb
Expert

Postby gtb » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:38 am

but you've confirmed it works?
I have personally confirmed it works (well, for the 2m demo content) with MythTV using custom guide data, and lineup, and a (13 character) modified recorder to allow selection of the demo channels. And while I do not run Plex, but there is no reason that the Plex team could not do the integration if they wish to do so. You likely need to discuss with them to understand their plans, including whether they will allow access to the 2m demo content.

NYPlayer

Postby NYPlayer » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:45 am

It works with Plex... both recording and viewing.... On plex you have to add the Quatro as a Cable tuner and select the cable provider guide in your area.

Also works in EMBY.

DebbieFL33

Postby DebbieFL33 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:16 pm

It works with Plex... both recording and viewing.... On plex you have to add the Quatro as a Cable tuner and select the cable provider guide in your area.

Also works in EMBY.
Another vote here for Emby, as Plex has become EXTREMELY non user friendly, especially with no response from their devs on variety of requests from beginning to advanced users. IMO, too many disasters with Plex over the last 2 years...their DVR, grid guide, tuner selfishness, transcoding limited only to PMS (no usage of extremely capable clients), etc. etc.

mfarley

Postby mfarley » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:44 pm

I have personally confirmed it works (well, for the 2m demo content) with MythTV using custom guide data, and lineup, and a (13 character) modified recorder to allow selection of the demo channels. And while I do not run Plex, but there is no reason that the Plex team could not do the integration if they wish to do so. You likely need to discuss with them to understand their plans, including whether they will allow access to the 2m demo content.
Can you please clarify how you did this? What do you mean by a 13-character modified recorder?

I configured my MythTV to use to the HDHomeRun Connect and access the premium channels (I paid for them). MythTV acts like its recording, but no file ever gets written :( I've spent about 8 hours troubleshooting it today.

Return to “Third Party Software”