InstaTV for iPhone/iPad/AppleTV with DVR Support

Help and support with third-party TV software.
Windows Media Center, J River Media Center, Next PVR, MythTV, InstaTV, etc.
InstaTV Support

Re: InstaTV for iOS/tvOS Beta (iPhone/iPad/AppleTV)+DVR Supp

Post by InstaTV Support » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:47 am

Damstas wrote:Do you guys support DVB-subtitles in Apple TV and iOS-apps?
Not yet. This is something will definitely be supported.

Damstas

Post by Damstas » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:04 am

InstaTV Support wrote:
Ok, great! :D

jelockwood

Post by jelockwood » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:10 pm

InstaTV Support wrote:
Great news. Can you also add a preference to optionally show subtitles automatically when the sound is muted?

InstaTV Support

Post by InstaTV Support » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:57 am

New Beta is available with DVR scheduling support:
- New: List/Add/Edit/Delete recording rules
- New: Discover program for recording
- New: Search program for recording
- New: Indicate if a program already has recording rule

Beerman

Post by Beerman » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:22 pm

Great work. Can't wait for this to be ready for Apple TV.

DebbieFL33
Device ID: 1318CAEB

Post by DebbieFL33 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:11 pm

Very nice and early, too. :lol:

Preliminary tests OK, except padding values on currently listed recording tasks are not reflected properly. Will send feedback after performing additional testing over the next few days.

DebbieFL33

Post by DebbieFL33 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:49 am

Latest Beta 20160812.1 Feedback:

All functions listed are working. Only a couple of minor corrections needed:

Edit Task: Recent, Channel#, New Show values are as previously setup. The start and end padding times do not reflect previous task setup, the (original) default values of 30sec are shown.

Channel: If set as "Any", the higher level task is set up, however the individual episodes in the database are NOT marked for recording. A stop/restart of engine doesn't correct. Further, no recordings are made. Note: I would assume that the future additional individual guide entries would then be marked to record (due to high level task), but I haven't been able to test.

FYI to users: If you have 2 channels (i.e. SD & HD) for a program...Only 1 channel will appear in the setup record, usually the HD. If you would rather the SD channel copy, then change to the SD channel#...you must know the channel#, the record won't list the alternate channel#s, it lists all channels.

Final Note: A search for "Olympics", or "2016", or "Summer" doesn't return the NBCHD "2016 Summer Olympics" show listing. The return is for a lower channel HD#. One can then enter the Channel# for the NBCHD and the record will populate the NBCHD individual episodes. This behaviour isn't intuitive.

Overall, a huge, well thought out addition to the Beta.

DebbieFL33

Post by DebbieFL33 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:07 am

As a further followup to above:

Channels - The task setup without Channel# is still in database, however newly added individual episodes are NOT being marked for recording.

Therefore, it appears that any rule setup with Channel# "Any" are being ignored for recording purposes.

InstaTV Support

Post by InstaTV Support » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:08 am

DebbieFL33 wrote:As a further followup to above:

Channels - The task setup without Channel# is still in database, however newly added individual episodes are NOT being marked for recording.

Therefore, it appears that any rule setup with Channel# "Any" are being ignored for recording purposes.
Thanks! The problem you described should be fixed in the new beta:

- New: Show record button during plabyack on iPad to record current program
- New: Show more padding option
- Fix: Crash when audio format changes during playback
- Fix: Crash when no DVR service or DVR Storage is available
- Fix: Stuck video when seek
- Fix: Recording rule with Any Channel may not working properly

DebbieFL33

Post by DebbieFL33 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:44 am

Latest beta feedback:

1. Record button on current show. Need to add a "quick record" option to be able to record only that show, which does NOT also set up a rule/task for future recordings.

2. Channel "Any". This now works on initial setup of task. However, when the rule is edited there is no follow through to the task and underlying episodes. Set up "Any" and all episodes are marked. Edit to an actual Channel #, episodes are marked appropriately. Edit to "Any" no episodes are marked.

3. Padding - When editing a task, the stored start/end padding is now recalled, EXCEPT when no padding was originally set. The default 30/30 is recalled as the database entry for the task doesn't have any line item record to be recalled. Suggest that InstaTV set defaults to "no Padding", so that new tasks and editable tasks are both "no padding", unless a value (other than null) has been set by user.

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F

Post by signcarver » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:03 pm

sounds like the issue I had with resetting ChannelOnly... many months ago setting the ChannelOnly property to 0 did remove it from the rule and actually did record... some time this year SD's servers behaved different and if ever set, for some reason didn't like to be unset and never recorded anything (setting it to 0 does still apparently remove the property from the rule but it doesn't record, my guess is that internally at SD they now see it as set to Channel 0 only so if you happen to have the show on Channel 0 it probably would work)... my only solution (and I tried setting it to null, to not specifying etc, was to delete and recreate rule not providing the ChannelOnly property. Because of this I created 2 buttons, one that looped through all the rules that did not specify ChannelOnly, deleted them and recreated them, and another that would just reset the channel on that series in the same delete/add method. I kind of find it reassuring that someone else appears to have hit this issue and it wasn't just me :)

I was tempted to open a thread asking for the proper way to reset a channel only rule.

InstaTV Support

Post by InstaTV Support » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:41 pm

signcarver wrote:sounds like the issue I had with resetting ChannelOnly... many months ago setting the ChannelOnly property to 0 did remove it from the rule and actually did record... some time this year SD's servers behaved different and if ever set, for some reason didn't like to be unset and never recorded anything (setting it to 0 does still apparently remove the property from the rule but it doesn't record, my guess is that internally at SD they now see it as set to Channel 0 only so if you happen to have the show on Channel 0 it probably would work)... my only solution (and I tried setting it to null, to not specifying etc, was to delete and recreate rule not providing the ChannelOnly property. Because of this I created 2 buttons, one that looped through all the rules that did not specify ChannelOnly, deleted them and recreated them, and another that would just reset the channel on that series in the same delete/add method. I kind of find it reassuring that someone else appears to have hit this issue and it wasn't just me :)

I was tempted to open a thread asking for the proper way to reset a channel only rule.
yes this appears to be a bug. Reported to SD and hope this will be fixed soon..

InstaTV Support

Post by InstaTV Support » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:50 pm

DebbieFL33 wrote:Latest beta feedback:
1. Record button on current show.
2. Channel "Any".
3. Padding .
1. in a future update we will add 'record this episode' button
2. reported to SD, seems to be a DVR server bug
3. default padding will be changed to 0.

DebbieFL33

Post by DebbieFL33 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:00 pm

Latest BETA update fixes are working

InstaTV Support

Post by InstaTV Support » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:30 am

DebbieFL33 wrote:Latest BETA update fixes are working
Thanks for the feedback.

App submitted to AppStore for review and approval.

Also we started working on a top-level-recorded (TLR) list (similar to what's in the View app).