Live Channels Not Releasing Tuners

Help and support with third-party TV software.
Windows Media Center, J River Media Center, Next PVR, MythTV, InstaTV, etc.
NYPlayer

Re: Live Channels Not Releasing Tuners

Postby NYPlayer » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:36 pm

For some reason during my testing I get "This program cannot be recorded" more often than not so it doesn't look good. I have to constantly select the tuners in sources then it works.

Neptunetides1983

Postby Neptunetides1983 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:35 pm

Back to live channels … the Beta appears to be working great have not seen failure to release tuners.
I concur, working very well thus far.

Any feedback on the Subscription bar ? Would be great to preview channels the way this was designed.
Maybe you can clue me in what the subscription bar is .... :?: :?: :?:
Yeah, no clue what subscription bar is. I don't have one on Mi Box or Stream+ when using Live Channels App.

My sources on MiBox are HDHomerun Network Tuner, Bloomberg, Haystack, Pluto TV, and TVIRL ( I imported 900 + m38 playlists live streams using TVIRL,...similar to Cumulus app), but am clueless as to what subscription bar is.

Neptunetides1983

Postby Neptunetides1983 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:44 pm

For some reason during my testing I get "This program cannot be recorded" more often than not so it doesn't look good. I have to constantly select the tuners in sources then it works.
I haven't had this issue, on MiBox when recording from HDHomerun on LiveChannels. The series record worked, and on the fly recording too. I set up my Drive as Internal Storage, and there is plenty of space.

None of the other sources are meant to be recordable as far as I see, only network tuner.

You can send a feedback report including logs within Live Channels app. Select Ok down to tv options right to settings then select feedback. Use the bottom option and check to include logs. Best to post the issue on the Beta users group after sending logs, so they can resolve.

thetesterman

Postby thetesterman » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:46 pm

[/quote]
[/quote]

Sorry all, I meant the Live Channel "channel" bar does not always auto preview the shown channels (hardly ever).

Neptunetides1983

Postby Neptunetides1983 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:09 pm

[/quote]

Sorry all, I meant the Live Channel "channel" bar does not always auto preview the shown channels (hardly ever).
[/quote]

The channel bar is supposed to be like "last channel" button for recently viewed channels. But, it is it finicky.

thetesterman

Postby thetesterman » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:38 pm

"The channel bar is supposed to be like "last channel" button for recently viewed channels. But, it is it finicky"

Sorry for the confusion but that is not what I mean. I mean the new channel/subscription on the main Oreo GUI.
If Live Channels is enabled, it will show up to 5 or 6 channels and should preview any of those when browsed over.. Sometimes it works, but most times it does not.. making the entire Oreo Channel Bar/Subscription basically useless

clubbevis

Postby clubbevis » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:38 am

Im a newb and need to ask question. If im in the wrong forum, please tell me so i can post my question in the correct place.

1. I have a dedicated win7 plex server that i built just to stream content to all my network tvs in the house.
2. I found out about the HD Homerun duo and plex working together to record / stream my OTA content.
3. Bought HD Homerun duo ( 2 tuner )
4. Bought PlexPass for 1 year
5. Setup seemed to go seamless and was up and running in minutes. Hd Homerun is plugged into gigabit switch port
6. Didnt take long to get an error from the plex app live tv saying " all tuners in use "
7. Go to Hd Homerun ip address and see that no tuners are in use
8. Go around and reboot fire tv's and roku's to see if that resolves issue. Nope
9. Start reading about this problem ALL over the place but cant comprehend exactly whats going on.
10. I try to tune to a channel directly from the guide on the Plex server and it tells me that 2 tuner channels are in use and i need to kill one
of the connections to comply. Huh ? BTW nothing is being recorded during this time.
11. So i power down the Plex server and bring it back up.
12. Go back to living room tv and launch plex app from fire tv and its now working.

Note - Plex and Hd Homerun both have latest firmware

I noticed that if you scroll through the guide too fast, plex app crashes and reboots. Plex app is running on FireTv gen 2 for all tests.

I noticed that if you try and tune from the channel bar under your live tv viewing, it NEVER goes to the bar channel you select and locks up the plex app .

If you back out of the live view, going all the way back to main guide and select that same channel you were trying to select on the channel bar, seems to work almost every time.

So finally heres the question. Is this tuner lockup / not releasing an HD Homerun problem or a Plex server / plex app problem and could anyone help me with attacking this issue or is it a global problem that has not been resolved yet. Is the selecting or trying to change channels from the channel bar causing the " all tuners are in use " error ?

Since rebooting the plex server seemed to resolve this issue ( i think ), my gut tells me this is a plex server / app issue.
Since im a newb to this stuff, im not sure im posting this in the correct forum.
I apologize in advance for my HD Homerun / Plex ignorance
Any help is appreciated
Thanks

Neptunetides1983

Postby Neptunetides1983 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:00 am

I don't have Plex, but, it appears to be a "known issue" that Plex developers are aware of.

This thread is actually about Android TV's Live Channels App. Very similar issue, and Android TV/Google development teams have been working on a solution for over a year before finally releasing a beta that has solved the issue for about 97% of users. I mention this only to emphasize that it isn't as easy a fix as some may think.

My advice is to post on threads at the Plex forum so that you can track what other users are doing as a workaround until Plex developers have a solution.

This thread has some ideas, https://forums.plex.tv/t/bug-plex-livet ... /211020/19

There are several others.

Good luck.

clubbevis

Postby clubbevis » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:09 am

I don't have Plex, but, it appears to be a "known issue" that Plex developers are aware of.

This thread is actually about Android TV's Live Channels App. Very similar issue, and Android TV/Google development teams have been working on a solution for over a year before finally releasing a beta that has solved the issue for about 97% of users. I mention this only to emphasize that it isn't as easy a fix as some may think.

My advice is to post on threads at the Plex forum so that you can track what other users are doing as a workaround until Plex developers have a solution.

This thread has some ideas, https://forums.plex.tv/t/bug-plex-livet ... /211020/19

There are several others.

Good luck.
thanks, i appreciate it

hlt4668

Postby hlt4668 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:27 am

Android TV/Google development teams have been working on a solution for over a year
More like ignoring it for over a year. I doubt anyone worked on it

clubbevis

Postby clubbevis » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:36 am

Android TV/Google development teams have been working on a solution for over a year
i just gave them $39 for a years plex pass before experiencing the problem and then researching and reading the MULTITUDE of threads all over the place about this tuner lock up issue. I guess the jokes on me. at this point i guess its either a $399 lifetime tivo or homerun dvr software and i build or buy a NAS. This whole thing sucks out loud. At this point, considering that i have not seen a single reply from anyone at plex about this issue, i conclude that plex is just stealing money from customers when they sell something that does not do what the customer paid for and they clearly could not care less. I can assure you that anyone that asks me about plex pass, i will tell them to run from it like they are on fire. hd homerun is absolutely not the issue and it clearly lies in the lap of plex and they dont care and will continue to take customers money. i say screw them.....

thetesterman

Postby thetesterman » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:56 am

Where is 1.17.4 final ????

Lastly, a general question, where do we provide Live Channel App specific feedback ?

Retiredguy

Postby Retiredguy » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:13 am

i just gave them $39 for a years plex pass before experiencing the problem and then researching and reading the MULTITUDE of threads all over the place about this tuner lock up issue. I guess the jokes on me. at this point i guess its either a $399 lifetime tivo or homerun dvr software and i build or buy a NAS. This whole thing sucks out loud. At this point, considering that i have not seen a single reply from anyone at plex about this issue, i conclude that plex is just stealing money from customers when they sell something that does not do what the customer paid for and they clearly could not care less. I can assure you that anyone that asks me about plex pass, i will tell them to run from it like they are on fire. hd homerun is absolutely not the issue and it clearly lies in the lap of plex and they dont care and will continue to take customers money. i say screw them.....
Hmmm, I have Plex and have no issues with the tuners releasing but I do have an issue with the “Live Channels” app not releasing tuners which is what this thread is actually about,

Neptunetides1983

Postby Neptunetides1983 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:43 pm

Where is 1.17.4 final ????

Lastly, a general question, where do we provide Live Channel App specific feedback ?
You should provide the feedback within the Live Channels Beta app itself, in settings. Complete details are on Beta users group forum, then after sending feedback, post a quick recap on the Beta Users Group forum.

There is less than 2% of the beta testers using specific combination of equipment that are having issues with recording, It appears Android is narrowing down the issue, and hopefully cause, by reviewing log data sent in with feedback, before releasing final. That doesn't mean the specific recording issue will be resolved in the final. It's just easier to diagnose within a smaller sampling of users/logs.
Some Nvidia Shield users in the Beta group are on Nougat, some Oreo. All the Xiaomi users are running Oreo as live Channels isn't supported in MM. It appears the Beta has resolved the HDHomerun Weak Signal/Tuners not releasing issue.

Just noticed, 1.17.4 is final. It will be pushed to general public Monday 23rd. 10% of Live Channels app users , who are not in Beta, have been pushed today.

Good Luck.

clar2391

Postby clar2391 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:27 pm

I have anissue with Live Channels on the Nvidia Shield TV. It only sees the HDHomerun source and not the network tuner source. A while back, it was able to see both the network tuner source and the HDHomerun sources, but that was when the network tuner source wasn’t releasing channels. With the new version of Live Channels, I was hoping to use it’s DVR functionality. Any clues on how to get the network tuner channels to show up in the Live Channels app?

Return to “Third Party Software”