HDHR Connect Quatro ~ NO channels in WMC7

Help and support with third-party TV software.
Windows Media Center, J River Media Center, Next PVR, MythTV, InstaTV, etc.
Sammy2

Re: HDHR Connect Quatro ~ NO channels in WMC7

Postby Sammy2 » Thu May 10, 2018 1:31 pm

No, it's a fundamental part of the way UDP is designed.
That's what I thought.. Just hoping.

Sammy2

Postby Sammy2 » Mon May 14, 2018 7:33 am

The logs from last night show you tuned KCET/KLCS at one points, and CBS in 2 others from WMC and those came through, although both were encountering massive amounts of network packet loss.
Can you check my logs again please? I moved the antenna and the Quatro such that the Quatro is now connected to Ethernet. It seems better but I'm still having issues so I'm wondering about signal quality and strength as well as symbol quality and to verify packet loss.

I'm shopping for a better antenna but not sure.. bowtie or yagi. I'm 47 miles from the main towers @285 degrees on Mt Wilson in LA but have a few locals about 90 to 135 degrees from the main towers.

TIA

Mediaman
Expert

Postby Mediaman » Tue May 15, 2018 11:48 am

Hey Sammy you might look at the SD sales page for antenna https://shop.silicondust.com/shop/produ ... /antennas/ also saw a tweet/retweet [?] by SD of a channel master app for fine tuning.

jasonl
Silicondust

Postby jasonl » Tue May 15, 2018 12:21 pm

The packet loss is mostly gone. There were one or two very minor instances; you might need to fix the Windows network throttling setting to clear that up. viewtopic.php?t=5877

Reception generally looks good. If you're going to replace the antenna, you need to keep the repack in mind. Several stations in LA will be relocating to new channels, and that may change what you need. For example, 22.x, 63.x, and 24.x are all moving to low VHF, so you'll need a suitable antenna to pick them up if you care about any of them.

Sammy2

Postby Sammy2 » Tue May 15, 2018 12:30 pm

The packet loss is mostly gone. There were one or two very minor instances; you might need to fix the Windows network throttling setting to clear that up. viewtopic.php?t=5877

Reception generally looks good. If you're going to replace the antenna, you need to keep the repack in mind. Several stations in LA will be relocating to new channels, and that may change what you need. For example, 22.x, 63.x, and 24.x are all moving to low VHF, so you'll need a suitable antenna to pick them up if you care about any of them.
Thanks Jason!

I'll take a look at Windows network throttling but never had to deal with that with my Primes since signal quality, strength and symbol quality were all 100%.

I'm not getting quite a few channels now as it is with this free with TV antenna from newegg. It is basically a UHF antenna. Channels 7, 11 and 13 are troublesome at best, tuning sometimes but not others. I'm looking at a few to mount in my attic as I have a pretty good shot at the towers on Mt Wilson and Mt Harvard in LA.

https://www.amazon.com/Televes-DATBOSS- ... SK9BP?th=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001D ... 3NWQ&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000S ... 3NWQ&psc=1

None of the ones linked on your page seem to be low VHF?

Sammy2

Postby Sammy2 » Tue May 15, 2018 12:31 pm

Thanks but I think I need one to bring in Low VHF which none of those appear to do.

jasonl
Silicondust

Postby jasonl » Tue May 15, 2018 2:02 pm

The Winegard and Channel Master models you linked both do low VHF. Either would be a good choice, as would the CM3020, which is the next step up from the 3018. Skip the Televes.

Sammy2

Postby Sammy2 » Wed May 16, 2018 1:18 pm

The Winegard and Channel Master models you linked both do low VHF. Either would be a good choice, as would the CM3020, which is the next step up from the 3018. Skip the Televes.
Thanks. I already ordered the Televes so we'll see how that works out. I need / want something to fit in my attic and those others are so dang big! If it is a fail, I can send it back to amazon for free. I'll report back soon.

Sammy2

Postby Sammy2 » Mon May 21, 2018 9:06 am

Thanks. I already ordered the Televes so we'll see how that works out. I need / want something to fit in my attic and those others are so dang big! If it is a fail, I can send it back to amazon for free. I'll report back soon.
The Televes tunes everything quite well except for 27.7 which is virtual 54.1 and carries the HD version of MeTV in my area. It is a low powered transmitter about 48 miles from me. I get 80%ish for Signal Strength but both Signal Quality and Symbol Quality are basically zero. It tuned once for short time but then things began to bounce around and poof, it was gone again. I'm going to try a Winegard Platinum Series HD7694P Long Range TV Antenna which a person on avsforums that lives in my general area states pulls in this channel.

Return to “Third Party Software”