Live Channels Not Releasing Tuners

Help and support with third-party TV software.
Windows Media Center, J River Media Center, Next PVR, MythTV, InstaTV, etc.
thetesterman

Re: Live Channels Not Releasing Tuners

Postby thetesterman » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:10 pm

When is this issue ever going to be resolved !!

hlt4668

Postby hlt4668 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:08 pm

apparently never

foxbat121

Postby foxbat121 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:28 am

When you upgrade to Oreo. It is no longer a problem in Oreo. In practical terms, the only device that is bug affects is NVidia Shield. You'd have better chance pressuring NVidia to release Oreo update than Google to do anything fix Live Channels.

Nexus Player has already been updated to 8.0. MiBox 3 are stuck in Android 6.0 which doesn't support this Network Tuner & DVR feature.

thetesterman

Postby thetesterman » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:29 am

When you upgrade to Oreo. It is no longer a problem in Oreo. In practical terms, the only device that is bug affects is NVidia Shield. You'd have better chance pressuring NVidia to release Oreo update than Google to do anything fix Live Channels.

Nexus Player has already been updated to 8.0. MiBox 3 are stuck in Android 6.0 which doesn't support this Network Tuner & DVR feature.
Well, at least that is better than "never"... so thats something

Bearishly4u

Postby Bearishly4u » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:44 pm

I just purchased my HD HomeRun Connect Duo and connected it using Plex and have the same issue. I’m recording one channel and watching one channel. I should be able to change the live channel I’m watching yes? Instead it tells me “ All tuners are currently in use please ask the server owner to free up a tuner to watch or continue watching live TV”. 1. I see no way to “free up” a tuner and 2. I should be able to change channels, right! This is on an Nvidia shield TV pro

HARRINGT0N

Postby HARRINGT0N » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:54 pm

I have a Sony Android TV running version 7.0 with the 1/5/18 security patch and have the same issue with Live Channels. Is there a fix for this yet?

foxbat121

Postby foxbat121 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:32 am

Not that I know of. The issue is with Google and SD already contacted them to fix it quite a while ago. Apparently, Google doesn't give a rats behind. In fact, there are many known problems with this live channels feature and Google never bothered to address any of them.

though

Postby though » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:24 am

I have the Nvidia Shield and have had the same issues.

I noticed that Live Channels 1.17 has been released so re-enabled the app and updated. Same tuner BS though...

Lame..... back to the HDHR app...

cahillsr

Postby cahillsr » Fri May 25, 2018 7:23 am

Seems to be still an issue after Oreo update. Now I can't roll back to older version of live channels. Any got it working with Oreo? Any workaround?

NikAmi

Postby NikAmi » Fri May 25, 2018 9:26 am

From what I've heard, the work around is to install the HD Homerun app, add that app as a source in the LiveChannels app, and then remove the native channels in favor of the ones provided through the HD Homerun app.

cahillsr

Postby cahillsr » Sat May 26, 2018 5:23 am

I have hd homerun software installed and running nvida shield beta tuner but I have never seen an option to add these (hd homerun) channels to live channels. Any instructions totorial?

cahillsr

Postby cahillsr » Sun May 27, 2018 6:36 am

Found it. The problem with this option no DVR

hlt4668

Postby hlt4668 » Sun May 27, 2018 3:55 pm

Seems to be still an issue after Oreo update. Now I can't roll back to older version of live channels. Any got it working with Oreo? Any workaround?
That's really disappointing that it's still not fixed with Oreo. I was hoping this new update would fix it since the google nexus player on oreo doesn't have this problem.

I wish nvidia and google would finally work together to fix this. This bug is years old at this point :roll:

gtb
Expert

Postby gtb » Sun May 27, 2018 8:04 pm

... I was hoping this new update would fix it since the google nexus player on oreo doesn't have this problem.

I wish nvidia and google would finally work together to fix this.
Well, if the NP does not have the problem, but the shield does, that strongly points in the direction that this is a nvidia issue in their port of Oreo, not a generic google problem (you broke it, you own it, and you have to fix it). You likely need to open a case with nvidia.

hlt4668

Postby hlt4668 » Mon May 28, 2018 12:33 pm

... I was hoping this new update would fix it since the google nexus player on oreo doesn't have this problem.

I wish nvidia and google would finally work together to fix this.
Well, if the NP does not have the problem, but the shield does, that strongly points in the direction that this is a nvidia issue in their port of Oreo, not a generic google problem (you broke it, you own it, and you have to fix it). You likely need to open a case with nvidia.
except that the shield has had the issue since nougat as well. it can be fixed on nougat by downgrading the version of live channels to 1.14.012

Return to “Third Party Software”