*Android TV* Live Channels DVR

Help and support with third-party TV software.
Windows Media Center, EyeTV, MythTV, InstaTV, etc.
Beerman

Re: *Android TV* Live Channels DVR

Postby Beerman » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:40 am

No update for me yet but does this support pause or just recording?
Looking forward to trying this out.

eddyk
Silicondust

Postby eddyk » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:13 pm

No update for me yet but does this support pause or just recording?
Looking forward to trying this out.
Time-shift is also supported. In live TV, press Enter, then Up to access Play Controls.

jmcguire525

Postby jmcguire525 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:48 pm

Q: After recording a TV show using Nexus Player, can I play it from another network device such as Kodi, PC?
- Recordings are stored locally and can only be accessed from that Android TV box
Do you know the specific recording location or is it protected in the system? I looked around with file explorer but didn't find anything.

eddyk
Silicondust

Postby eddyk » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:54 pm

Q: After recording a TV show using Nexus Player, can I play it from another network device such as Kodi, PC?
- Recordings are stored locally and can only be accessed from that Android TV box
Do you know the specific recording location or is it protected in the system? I looked around with file explorer but didn't find anything.
Protected in the system...it's not easily exposed or accessible to the user.

jmcguire525

Postby jmcguire525 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:26 pm

Please relay this info to the LC team if possible: Using voice to change channels is great but if you say a channel number that can also be a time it will fail. For example if you say turn to channel "Twelve Eighty-eight" it works fine but if you say turn to channel "Twelve Thirty-two" it registers as 12:32 and does a universal search instead. It's a small problem but without a keypad having those voice commands work would help alot.

hdmkv

Postby hdmkv » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:40 am

Why? ...especially for OTA recordings?

jm9843

Postby jm9843 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:58 am

Why? ...especially for OTA recordings?
I assume that it has to do with the expectation that users will record to usb stick/disk as 'adopted storage' which, by design, gives apps their own protected, sandboxed area.

Perhaps, if given enough feedback, they'll add the option to record to external storage (read: not 'adopted'). Maybe submit feedback through the Live Channels app or post to the Android TV Developers community. They read/respond to posts there.

Macklemonster

Postby Macklemonster » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:50 am

FYI, I also get the issue with weak signal. I randomly picked some channels and some were watchable and some were not. It felt like the lower channels had less problems than higher numbered channels. As other poster reported, I have no issues with any of these channels when watching using the SD native app or within Kodi. I have FIOS.

foxbat121

Postby foxbat121 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:15 pm

Just got mine updated today. Noticed two issues:

1. weak signals on certain channels. After cross reference with my detected channel list, I can confirm that these channels are DRM channels which is known to not supported in LC.
2. No audio what so ever on any channel. My Nexus player connected directly to my Panasonic Plasma TV which does not support AC3 audio via HDMI. LC will display a message on screen that to enable audio, you need to enable surround sound audio in settings. Once I enabled the settings, my TV will not have any sound. I guess Enable surround sound audio setting means bitstream. It looks like LC does not have AC3 decoding capability at all currently. HDHomerun View app does decode when surround sound is disabled.

eddyk
Silicondust

Postby eddyk » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:33 pm

Just got mine updated today. Noticed two issues:

1. weak signals on certain channels. After cross reference with my detected channel list, I can confirm that these channels are DRM channels which is known to not supported in LC.
2. No audio what so ever on any channel. My Nexus player connected directly to my Panasonic Plasma TV which does not support AC3 audio via HDMI. LC will display a message on screen that to enable audio, you need to enable surround sound audio in settings. Once I enabled the settings, my TV will not have any sound. I guess Enable surround sound audio setting means bitstream. It looks like LC does not have AC3 decoding capability at all currently. HDHomerun View app does decode when surround sound is disabled.
1. Reproduce the problem
2. File bug report. Go to "TV options > Send feedback" or "adb bugreport"
3. If problems persist try a factory reset but please make sure to Send feedback first. The team at Google are reviewing logs.

The HDHomeRun app does support surround sound. Are you on the latest beta?
https://play.google.com/apps/testing/co ... ndust.view

rarefc3s

Postby rarefc3s » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:54 pm

Wondering if no sound is an HDCP issue by chance? I noticed my cable ran in the wall is HDCP 1.4, not 2.2. Going to try it on Nexus Player to see because on Shield I have no sound.

Edit: works on Nexus player connected directly to oldish small Samsung TV.

otaku

Postby otaku » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:27 pm

I know this is not the area for live channels support but perhaps someone can point me in the right direction.

I updated our new Shield to Live Channels DVR this morning - then in Channel sources selected Network Tuner and it found all our available channels (HDHomeRun Prime) but only lists the channel numbers and logos - no guide/show info.

Thanks!

eddyk
Silicondust

Postby eddyk » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:35 pm

I know this is not the area for live channels support but perhaps someone can point me in the right direction.

I updated our new Shield to Live Channels DVR this morning - then in Channel sources selected Network Tuner and it found all our available channels (HDHomeRun Prime) but only lists the channel numbers and logos - no guide/show info.

Thanks!
You're able to tune channels but are not getting guide? Guide is supposed to download when LC scans for channels. Try scanning Network Tuner again. Possible there's a delay in obtaining the guide.

NYPlayer

Postby NYPlayer » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:50 pm

I have a 4 connects and 2 Primes but it only scans the connects it will not scan the Primes ... can this handle both connects and prime on the same network?

otaku

Postby otaku » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:56 pm

I've scanned network channels 4 times now and end up in the same place - channel numbers and logos NO guide info.

Perhaps you're right about a delay in getting guide data...

Return to “Third Party Software”