OTA recording has multiple video streams

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
kpfleming

Re: OTA recording has multiple video streams

Post by kpfleming »

I'll be paying attention to future recordings from this channel to see if TSDuck reports similar 'breakage'. If so, is that something I should report to the channel's operator?

sdust

Post by sdust »

kpfleming wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:26 am I'll be paying attention to future recordings from this channel to see if TSDuck reports similar 'breakage'. If so, is that something I should report to the channel's operator?
Yeah, but please make sure this not related to Emby. You can pull the full mux from HDHR using hdhomerun_config. There are instructions on how to do this. I would start with that.

kpfleming

Post by kpfleming »

Thanks, I got hdhomerun_config working on a Linux machine on my network and ran 'save' for a little more than a minute from that frequency (which has four programs in it). The tsanalyze output from that full mux capture is very different from what I saw from Emby, so I'll do this again on Sunday morning when Emby is recording and see if the TS files are different.

kpfleming

Post by kpfleming »

Well, that didn't work out so well. I wasn't able to capture the full mux from the same tuner that Emby was using because it locked the tuner and I didn't have hdhomerun_config on the Emby machine.

However, the Emby recording is normal this time: one video stream and three audio streams. I can only assume at this point that the broken recording was due to an error by the broadcaster.