Tuner reception problems

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
spoonsy1480

Tuner reception problems

Post by spoonsy1480 »

Just had an aerial fitted to the roof and plugged in my hdhomerun I’m using channels app on appletv 4k and I get a tuner reception problem in the corner And the picture starts breaking up.
Tried just plugging the tv into the aerial and I have no problem with the signal then it’s only when I plug in my hdhomerun.
1231D2BC Hdhomerun id

NedS
Silicondust

Re: Tuner reception problems

Post by NedS »

spoonsy1480 wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:52 am Just had an aerial fitted to the roof and plugged in my hdhomerun I’m using channels app on appletv 4k and I get a tuner reception problem in the corner And the picture starts breaking up.
Tried just plugging the tv into the aerial and I have no problem with the signal then it’s only when I plug in my hdhomerun.
1231D2BC Hdhomerun id
We would like to get some diagnostic data:
  1. Please go to the http://my.hdhomerun.com/ site
  2. Click your HDHomeRun's device ID
  3. Click System Status
  4. Check the Send diagnostic information box
  5. Go back one page
  6. Click Channel Lineup
  7. Click on Detect Channels

Reply back to this post and we will check the logs

spoonsy1480

Post by spoonsy1480 »

Done the things you said to do

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

Sometimes there's some odd RF interference in the UK, but your scan looks fairly good at first glance. Strong signals and nothing that looks like major interference. Is this happening on all channels, or some more than others?

spoonsy1480

Post by spoonsy1480 »

It’s all channels at different times I took a screen shots of my phone earlier all on the same channel and it was pixelated one showed all 3 100% next one showed signal quality at 85% and the other 2 at 100% the last one showed symbol quality at 55% and the other 2 at 100% there where taken other 3 hours and the tv signal was pixelated and sound crackling and couldn’t hear any words