New Install, TA's Not Working with Prime and CableCARD

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
Sammy2

Re: New Install, TA's Not Working with Prime and CableCARD

Post by Sammy2 »

Anything more specific to tell Charter/Spectrum? This is like the third or fourth T.A. they've tried.

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 »

NedS wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:08 pm
Sammy2 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:34 am I finally switched the USB cable and ran channel scans on both Prime Tuners. The channel count has switched and their seems to be even more channels available now although I've disabled most of them. I had diagnostics on for both Primes since power cycling them and the T.A.'s

My Device ID's are:

13176341 600 Channels (Had mid-300 hundred)
1311C89C 356 Channels (Had 584)

Take a look at my logs and tell me what you see but it seems that either the T.A. is broken or Spectrum has not given it my full line up list.
Most likely the TA being bad. I'm betting that a replacement TA will resolve this.
Can you give me more specific information to share with Charter? I turned on diagnostics but don't know what the results of that were.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

Sammy2 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:56 am Anything more specific to tell Charter/Spectrum? This is like the third or fourth T.A. they've tried.
Other than just asking for another unit, there's not really anything special about the TA. They tend to hold on to older units, and I wouldn't be surprised if they put your bad unit back into service, instead of repairing or disposing of it. In other words, since the cable companies don't always do their due diligence, there's an element of luck to getting a good unit :/

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 »

NedS wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:18 pm
Sammy2 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:56 am Anything more specific to tell Charter/Spectrum? This is like the third or fourth T.A. they've tried.
Other than just asking for another unit, there's not really anything special about the TA. They tend to hold on to older units, and I wouldn't be surprised if they put your bad unit back into service, instead of repairing or disposing of it. In other words, since the cable companies don't always do their due diligence, there's an element of luck to getting a good unit :/
Thanks.

When I swap units do I need to call to give them SN's or something?

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

Sammy2 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:16 am
NedS wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:18 pm
Thanks.

When I swap units do I need to call to give them SN's or something?
I don't believe you will need to do anything special. The tuning adapter isn't tied to a CableCARD or directly used for authorization, it just makes requests to the system, since CableCARD/PRIME is a one-way device.