New Install, TA's Not Working with Prime and CableCARD

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
jasonl
Expert

Re: New Install, TA's Not Working with Prime and CableCARD

Post by jasonl »

You should re-enable the Send diagnostic information option (if it turned itself off by now) and run a new scan so SD can give you a more targeted answer of what's wrong now. If the TA is showing ready but channels still aren't working, it could be a card issue, or it could be a TA issue. If you can at least tell them what to look at it improves the chances of success.

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 »

jasonl wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:25 pm You should re-enable the Send diagnostic information option (if it turned itself off by now) and run a new scan so SD can give you a more targeted answer of what's wrong now. If the TA is showing ready but channels still aren't working, it could be a card issue, or it could be a TA issue. If you can at least tell them what to look at it improves the chances of success.
I have enabled diagnostics on Device ID: 13176341 and kicked off a new channel scan right now.

SoNic67

Post by SoNic67 »

When I had Cox cable, with TAs, every month I would have issues with them. After troubleshooting and even a service visit, I decided that was easier just to take the TA to the local Cox store and ask for another one. That would work fine for a while then it would stop... Replacement again.
The supervisor there already knew me :)
Eventually my wife got fed-up and we switched to Verizon FIOS, even if we had to pay a termination fee (two year contract).
TA are evil...

This was about three years ago, don't know if they still have TA in my market (Hampton Roads, VA).

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 »

Our options are
Charter/Spectrum
Att/DirectTV
Att/LegacyUverse?
No Verizon
No Frontier

So Spectrum is it.

BTW, I restart my Primes and TA's every month.

kyl416
Device ID: 1080DB11

Post by kyl416 »

Yep, U-Verse uses IP delivery for TV instead of QAM like FiOS, so it's not compatible with the Prime

Watcher

Post by Watcher »

Sammy2 wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:56 pm Our options are

Technically you also have the option to move to better service (people move all the time for better schools, better neighborhoods, better weather), or having Metro-E installed to your location (there is no where in the continental US you can't get Metro-E or equivalent installed, although you are not going to like the pricing).

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 »

jasonl wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:25 pm You should re-enable the Send diagnostic information option (if it turned itself off by now) and run a new scan so SD can give you a more targeted answer of what's wrong now. If the TA is showing ready but channels still aren't working, it could be a card issue, or it could be a TA issue. If you can at least tell them what to look at it improves the chances of success.
Have you been able to parse the diagnostic logs yet?

jasonl
Expert

Post by jasonl »

I haven't worked for SD in quite a while now. You'll have to ask Ned or Nick.

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 »

I sent a PM to Nick. I'll report back his findings.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

Please try switching the tuning adapters between the two PRIME units, and then run another scan on 13176341

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 »

NedS wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:58 pm Please try switching the tuning adapters between the two PRIME units, and then run another scan on 13176341
Do I switch the CoAx, the USB or both?

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

Sammy2 wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:02 am Do I switch the CoAx, the USB or both?
Just the USB.

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 »

NedS wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:29 am
Sammy2 wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:02 am Do I switch the CoAx, the USB or both?
Just the USB.
Will do and then I'll report back when I've done it. Thanks.

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 »

I finally switched the USB cable and ran channel scans on both Prime Tuners. The channel count has switched and their seems to be even more channels available now although I've disabled most of them. I had diagnostics on for both Primes since power cycling them and the T.A.'s

My Device ID's are:

13176341 600 Channels (Had mid-300 hundred)
1311C89C 356 Channels (Had 584)

Take a look at my logs and tell me what you see but it seems that either the T.A. is broken or Spectrum has not given it my full line up list.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

Sammy2 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:34 am I finally switched the USB cable and ran channel scans on both Prime Tuners. The channel count has switched and their seems to be even more channels available now although I've disabled most of them. I had diagnostics on for both Primes since power cycling them and the T.A.'s

My Device ID's are:

13176341 600 Channels (Had mid-300 hundred)
1311C89C 356 Channels (Had 584)

Take a look at my logs and tell me what you see but it seems that either the T.A. is broken or Spectrum has not given it my full line up list.
Most likely the TA being bad. I'm betting that a replacement TA will resolve this.