HD Extend - Manual deletion of duplicate channels from same broadcaster

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
luvencl

HD Extend - Manual deletion of duplicate channels from same broadcaster

Post by luvencl »

I am looking for information on how to manually delete duplicate channels on a HD Homerun Extend. I am in an area where there are several translators and some of them are very weak or poor quality. When I do a scan, it seems to pick the first channel it finds during the scan which is not the optimal channel I wish to receive. For example, I have a channel 16, 25, 30 that all belong to the NBC affiliate here in Colorado Springs Colorado. I’ve tried scanning several times and it always picks up the wrong one for the list. Is there anyway to delete the other one in channels and two prefer a specific channel that is optimal?

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 10A05954 10802091 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Re: HD Extend - Manual deletion of duplicate channels from same broadcaster

Post by signcarver »

Only solution is to either block (reduce) such signals or use software that isn't reliant on the scan. But what you are describing shouldn't happen as all those should be 1080i and resolution is the first way it chooses after resolution comes signal quality which means it should pick the one right for you. In some cases for an atsc3 lighthouse situation some of those may have switched to 720p to allow another HD feed to share and in that case if one is 1080i, that is the one that will be added.

In some cases you may find one as being too high of power which can lower its quality.

luvencl

Re: HD Extend - Manual deletion of duplicate channels from same broadcaster

Post by luvencl »

You are correct in stating that they are 1080i, however they are half a kilowatt or less translators that are so far away and on the very edge. The single noise ratio is not very good but for some reason the tuner decides to pick the first one it sees on the list.And I think you’re accurate about the one channel that I think is in preparation for ATSC 3
There really needs to be a way to manually delete or select channels similar how a lot of televisions allow you to do now.