How to set static IP address on Connect?

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
cncb

How to set static IP address on Connect?

Post by cncb »

I have tried it with setting "/sys/ipaddr" but that variable no longer seems to exist. Is it possible to do this with the Connect (HDHomerun4-US)?

rpcameron

Re: How to set static IP address on Connect?

Post by rpcameron »

cncb wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 7:37 am I have tried it with setting "/sys/ipaddr" but that variable no longer seems to exist. Is it possible to do this with the Connect (HDHomerun4-US)?
Static IP addresses are only supported on commercial TECH models. The consumer HDHomeRun tuners do not support static IPs.

The recommended process is to use DHCP reservations via your router.

cncb

Post by cncb »

I switched to the new TMobile Home Internet service and they don't have DHCP reservation capability yet. Hopefully they will add it soon. Thanks.

shawn_75
Device ID: 151032EF

Post by shawn_75 »

You can go to my.hdhomerun.com in a browser and you'll have easy access to your devices without knowing the IP addresses. Clicking on any link to your devices on the page it gives you will show you the IP address of that device if you needed the address for command line access.

kyl416
Device ID: 1080DB11

Post by kyl416 »

You can also use hdhomerun.local as the URL if you only have one tuner on your network, or hdhr-xxxxxxxx.local and replace the X's with your Device ID if you have multiple tuners on your network.

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

http://10xxxxxx.local/ also works - replace 10xxxxxx with the device ID.

If you only have one device you can use http://hdhomerun.local/

Nick

cncb

Post by cncb »

I'm using OpenDCT with SageTV and I am concerned that if the Connect's IP address changes, OpenDCT won't be able to re-connect until a restart. I don't think there is a way to specify a certain URL in OpenDCT for the HDHomerun (i.e hdhomerun.local).