Remote Reboot of Device and Locked Channels

Reception, channel detection, network issues, CableCARD setup, etc.
walkerx

Remote Reboot of Device and Locked Channels

Post by walkerx »

I had been debating for some time regarding the purchase of a hdhomerun and in the end I bit the bullet and purchased the quatro for UK.

I found this was easy to setup on my linux system, but I've noticed a couple of issues and wondered if there is an easier solution or if SD would possibly add these features into a future firmware

First issue I noticed that the browser was reporting that a tuner was still in use on one of my devices, yet checking my devices, not one was watching TV and if I watched TV a new tuner instance was started. In the end I had to reboot my linux system for this to be disconnected and the browser to report it was not in use. Is it possible to find out which app/device was being used as in the browser it just showed the linux machine which is used for the dvr side.

This takes me on to the next issue, I noticed there is no option to reboot the tuner through the browser and you must physically go to the device and pull the plug and reinsert or switch off/on at the mains , is there any plans to add an option so can be rebooted through you browser, so not having to go a do this physically as the reboot option will help when the device is in an out of way location.

Other than the odd freeze, audio sync issues on some channels this is a brilliant device and wished I had got earlier. can't wait for when sky subscription ends as will be using all the time

rpcameron

Re: Remote Reboot of Device and Locked Channels

Post by rpcameron »

Tuners can be rebooted from the command line with hdhomerun_config:

Code: Select all

hdhomerun_config FFFFFFFF set /sys/restart self
Likewise, you can force unlock a tuner and close its stream:

hdhomerun_config FFFFFFFF set /tunerX/lockkey force
hdhomerun_config FFFFFFFF set /tunerX/channel none
In those examples, replace FFFFFFFF with your tuner’s DeviceID, and X with the tuner number (starting from 0) that you wish to force close.

walkerx

Post by walkerx »

thank you very much,

that makes things a lot easier, just had to install the hdhomerun-config through

sdust

Post by sdust »

walkerx wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 3:14 pm thank you very much,

that makes things a lot easier, just had to install the hdhomerun-config through
This script works for me:

#!/usr/bin/env bash
# reboot HDHomeRun
# 
IP=192.168.0.238
PORT=65001
echo -n -e '\x00\x04\x00\x16\x03\x0d/sys/restart\x00\x04\x05self\x00\x9b\x59\x36\x27' > /dev/tcp/$IP/$PORT
No warranty of any kind. Please report success/failure.